UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com

1942 Employee Reviews (View Most Recent)

I work on interesting problems from anywhere in the country.

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer  in  Milwaukee, WI (US)
Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Pros

Tele-commuting is promoted.
Lots of responsibility.

Cons

A lack of uniformity of policies across the company. I was hired to work ~50 hours a week, I went through a reorg and now work for a group the penalizes my boss if I work over 40 hours.

There seem to be a lot of policy revisions that get released that go unenforced. It seems like the company doesn't have a single direction.

Other reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Avoid if you have a soul. Attila the Hun might not be comfortable here.

Pros

Some smart people and it is a good industry. Industry that should be helping people. Lots of locations throughout the US

Cons

Only careabout money and lots of moral slugs work here. You need to take a triple shower after each day as you deal with lots of dung. Lots of backstabbers and power point jockeys. People want to get the experience on their resume and get out as soon as possible

Look in a mirror and get real. Stop pretending to care. Don't only think about spending money on lobbyists and bullying your employees day in and day out

UHG IT a Disaster [India office]

Current Employee - Leader : )  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Leader : ) in Hyderābād (India)

Pros

Its a bag of money, & people have compromised to all extents. Trust me, am an insider to comment on this

Cons

I wish i can continue with the list...
    1. "Leaders by luck" is very much applicable here. Strategy of hiring of a leader is very tactical they hire a fool down the stack & below one an intelligent & below that a fool(stack continues till bottom). The first fool hired is supposed to be part of extended leadership who would just follow the boss order (thereby the leader[so called] secures his position no threat for his chair) &the fool can never dream of climbing up as he does not possess any skill to be there neither he can practise to be one. The intelligent down does all the junk work & gets frustrated when raises a concern he is commented on being senior but cannot delegate anything down as there is another fool who is hired by his manager (the first fool). This is an excellent strategy which is being followed, not sure if the organization can build any culture like this (Trust me I can share names & functions for the whole organization)
    2. Pathetic management & leadership - probably guidelines wont allow me to post, can name individuals. [infact naming is not required when all are same]
    3. No culture of the organization, any leader (as described above) can make or break ur life. Offcourse u have the option to change the company, i will not comment anything on this.
    3. U think out of the box - u r criticized. Whatever u think u have to to be inside the boundary & suggest ur ideas& name it as "bright idea" [quite very famous to get excellence award for fools]
    4. No HR system, u have partners :) who will only show their face during specific period. They dont know how to act on anything, again they r hired by leaders to follow. Poor guys probably their hands are also tied - what more disgusting this can be when an employee tries to reach with a concern & that is never looked. I have 30+ cases which i can report out in such a short stint.
    5. Compensation is good & will only increase when u r pet follower of ur boss
    6. There is a measurment criteria of the organization (will not name that) by default they are at some great % inspite of unhappy & unsatisfied employees [can comment only in IT not sure in ops]
    7. All leaders, managers works on that to create a better % , US team please wake up. I can challenge the authenticity. lots of things attached behind this % showcase :)
    8. Promises made to people are never fulfilled, tricks & tricks & tricks is the only mantra
    9. Hiring is a big mesh as people who are rejected gets inside the system as they linked either to someone (u knw whm i mean) or pushed to some other with manipulation of interview form
    10. Can also talk about some more info but unfortunately some names of individuals & cos might come up.

for all points I have evidences & can give examples :).

Appeal to US management - If you read this & want proof I can come out of my shell...

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group.

Worked for UnitedHealth Group? Contribute to the Community!