UnitedHealth Group

www.unitedhealthgroup.com
  www.unitedhealthgroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Good job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Sunrise, FL (US)

I worked at UnitedHealth Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Management was very supportive and personable. The director makes it a point to learn everyone's names. Supervisors were always willing to assist. Training provided was adequate but it depends on the effort one puts into using it.

Cons

The only cons were that there were gaps in training. There was some gossip amongst reps. The job can get a little frustrating if you don't know how to deal with customers.

2126 Other Employee Reviews for UnitedHealth Group (View Most Recent)

UnitedHealth Group is going down!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Employee - QA Tester in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - QA Tester in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Work from Home
    2. Lots of fun activities

Cons

1. No seats
    2. No parking
    3. Outdated technology
    4. Idiot Managers with zero technical knowledge
    5. Hikes are not based on performance
    6. Bonus is part of CTC and is given yearly

If you have another option, take it. Otherwise start here and continue to look for other employment

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at UnitedHealth Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some ability to work from home. Pay to start is close or above the competition. Office location in Houston for Community and State provides security, which is needed for the location

Cons

Where do I start, it is the leadership. There is a new cultural program being rolled out which sounds great on paper, however the executive leadership based in the Houston office from the top down do not practice the model. They are rude to staff at all levels if they talk to them at all. A good act is put on when Corp staff visit and we are all told to make sure we "look happy and satisfied" People are discouraged to share ideas for improvement. Staff is harassed to take the satisfaction survey and give money to a charity that finally they give in and do it. Having a large response rate does not mean that staff are "engaged"

Listen to your staff. Talk to your staff. Act as if the staff actually matter. The game face you put on for Corporate visitors and the State client should be the normal working atmosphere. As a leader, act like you want to be there. Stop running off the good managers, directors, and executives. Be positive about your peers on the Executive Team. Just this month I witnessed major back biting by the second in command in the hallway. Really.....where is my incentive to do my job when the Executives are all complaining about each other. Focus that energy on the job at hand.

There are newer employer reviews for UnitedHealth Group