University of Leicester

www.le.ac.uk

great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Pros

it is boring to teaching a university for a long time. but the good thing is building uo relationshipwith students

Cons

it is boring to teaching a university for a long time. the hours a re flexible and too much work to be done

Other reviews for University of Leicester

Learning and Satisfactory

Current Employee - International Strategist
    Current Employee - International Strategist

Pros

Good place to work. Very flexible work environment. Appreciations well dished out. Opportunities of growth are plenty. Lots of holidays.

Cons

Slow and monotonous. Tedious procedures.

Very supportive and friendly atmosphere. Well structured and fluid workload with scope.

Current Employee - Research Administrator  in  Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Research Administrator in Leicester, England (UK)

Pros

Flexible working hours - I am often able to fit a 7 hour day between the hours of 7am and 9pm which is good for when I have other commitments. Self structured working allowing me to use variation when a particular area of work gets tedious or boring. If I need something all I have to do is ask (stationary, advice, contact info, training etc...). My particular field of work allows me to advance my knowledge through low level research posters and attendance at relevant conferences and meetings. Although not specified in the job description it certainly helps expand my knowledge and understanding!

Cons

Certain areas of work are tedious and boring but often need doing to meet deadlines and data submissions. Flexibility is based upon what workload is needed/not needed at the time. Career opportunities aren't often available and are often unclear. Pay is pretty low compared to others my age (26) and the pay scale increments only come around once a year AND you hit a 'ceiling' after 5 years.

There are newer employer reviews for University of Leicester.

Worked for University of Leicester? Contribute to the Community!