University of Maryland

www.umd.edu

A good place to get a PhD

Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) College Park, MD (US)

ProsI was a science graduate student, and received good mentorship. Most of the people that I knew in my program were very happy with their experience. Graduate student life is lots of work, but the pay at UMd is enough to live on (if you're careful) and the school isn't taking in more science students that it can afford to support to graduation (which is sometimes the case at Ivy League schools). There's good health insurance because you receive state employee benefits. I would recommend working as a graduate student at UMd.

ConsAs is typical for graduate school, there were no official family leave or maternity leave policies. Traffic can be a mess, but that's not unusual for the DC area.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing a good job supporting science graduate students, both with decent pay, good benefits, and good mentoring. Please expand your family leave/ maternity leave policies to graduate students.

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) College Park, MD (US)

I have been working at University of Maryland full-time for less than a year

Pros: Take classes for free, pleasant atmosphere, nice working around young people… Cons: I can't think of cons besides having to pay for parking… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Researcher in theoretical particle physics

Research Associate (Former Employee) College Park, MD (US)

I worked at University of Maryland full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great research group, with renowned professors creating successful collaborations. Cons: The offices were too old at the time of my… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on University of Maryland.

Worked for University of Maryland? Contribute to the Community!