Unum Group

www.unum.com

Worst ever!!

Employee (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN (US)

ProsBenefits, Mon-Fri work week. Vacation days. All the money the company wastes on fun days doing nothing, hiring a big name motivational speaker for an all day event, sending employees to Disney world..The pro is for the upper management, CEO's and teachers pets, but the company wastes to much money on fun, but at least there is a lot of fun for the employees!!

ConsI have had 7 mangers in 7 years of employment. Workflow changes bi-weekly or weekly or daily..(seriously) -Managers pick favorites. for a disability company; they treat employees bad for using FMLA or STD benefits. Teamwork is impossible with managers playing favorites. The employee is never right. The managers think they are and some of us know more than them. No understanding for single mothers leaving to pick up their sick child without having a initial mark on their HR file. Kids dont get sick once a year so if the employee leaves or calls in for this they can eventually loose their job as they only allow 6 occurrences and then you are terminated. Some managers treat their employees worse than you would treat a prisoner. This company says how tey want to make our customers lives better on their commercials, but they dont treat their employees the same. Never take a job their. anything good you hear about this company is from upper management or a "teachers pet". What I said is REAL 100%-

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together-quit changing procedures daily. This only makes us more stressed and confused and causes productivity to slow. Quit picking favorites and dont let your Senior employees(DBS, BCA,,Admin,MRU, etc) tell everyone's business (which they are bound by contract to not do) and then believe them when they say they didnt repeat others personal information.

great training company a first step to other industry jobs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Unum Group

Pros: young sales group so you will have people to party… Cons: limited growth potential and job becomes redundant Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A large corporation that tries to do the right things

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Unum Group

Pros: They pay well and offer good benefits. If the company does well, they pay an annual bonus based on performance. The corporate culture encourages mangers… Cons: As a large corporation, sometimes employee communications aren't handled as well as they could be. The corporate rewards program seems to have developed into… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more IT people - there weren't enough to support the work that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Unum Group.

Worked for Unum Group? Contribute to the Community!