There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts

Ski Instructor

Former Employee - Ski Instructor  in  Vail, CO (US)
Former Employee - Ski Instructor in Vail, CO (US)

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free pass to five great mountains. Teaching with the best instructors in the world. It was great fun and you're always outdoors.

Cons

First year inductors find it hard to make a full living financially. Ran by a corporation and it has that feel to it. It's seasonal and you'll have times of unemployment.

Lower cost so more people can visit and ski which will make everyone more money!

240 Other Employee Reviews for Vail Resorts (View Most Recent)

parent of employee in breckenridge

Former Employee - Cook I and Cook II  in  Breckenridge, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Cook I and Cook II in Breckenridge, CO (US)

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time for more than a year

Pros

living and working in the mountains

Cons

no upward movement in the company. college graduate with a business degree who took a low level job in a company that promotes itself by saying they hire from within, doesn't. after 2 years of working at a low level, low paying job while trying to move into a business or management field it became clear that it wasn't going to happen. so 2 years gone without any experience to help get ahead in any other field, and no help from the company you thought was going to be your life.

pay attention to the employees you have, they are there for a reason, usually because they have a love for the mountains and the industry that surrounds it.

One of the most amazing experience of my life

Former Employee - Cook II  in  Beaver Creek, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Cook II in Beaver Creek, CO (US)

I worked at Vail Resorts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

All the benefits the resort give to their employees are one of the pros of the company, its a place where you can learn a lot and you can work with people around the world.

Cons

some areas werent following the vail resorts code, they didnt respect the quality of the service (food) they only thought about money without taking care of the service the customers deserve.

Give all the employees the chance and opportunity to be open with the management areas, cause theres a lot of things we could change but sometimes no one listens. Is important to remember that the mission of the resort is to give the best service, and stop thinking about only the money and forgetting about the service the resort provides.

There are newer employer reviews for Vail Resorts

Worked for Vail Resorts? Contribute to the Community!