Vanderbilt University
www.vanderbilt.edu Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Great place to do graduate research in any biomedical field

Graduate Student (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN (US)

I worked at Vanderbilt University full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCutting-edge research, PhD students receive highly-competitive stipends, free health insurance, rec. center, and waiver of tuition

ConsAcademic researchers aren't fully focused on training and preparing you for your next career move. They're focused on getting funding and doing research.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to provide career development source through routes other than advisers. Even my adviser who I consider to be top-notch could've done better to clue me in on some things. For example, I had looked for positions at PUI's and liberal arts colleges that don't require a postDoc but wasn't informed about the seasonal nature of such position announcements. They come out in October. That one piece of knowledge up front would've saved me a lot of frustration looking for such positions during the off-season.

Very good school to study

I have been working at Vanderbilt University

Pros: very nice environment, good professors. Cons: location is not good nor job searching More

great workplace, great medical benefits

Research Assistant (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Vanderbilt University part-time for more than a year

Pros: 1. small class size 2. research oriented university 3. big medical school 4. great medical benefits It is premier school located in relatively quiet laid back city. The paycheck(for… Cons: Depends on department and adviser/boss work can be stressful sometimes Advice to Senior Management: Be more professional Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Vanderbilt University.

Worked for Vanderbilt University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Vanderbilt University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Vanderbilt University CEO Nicholas Zeppos . All reviews posted anonymously by Vanderbilt University employees.