Vanguard

www.vanguard.com

Calling All SEMI-SKILLED Labor!!! Vanguard doesn't lay anyone off, they just need warm bodies

Client Relationship Associate (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Pros- They'll teach you finance, actually this is a Con.
- If you're a girl they'll hire you
- Flexible schedules
- Lots of opportunities for OT,
- IF you have a competent team leader(there's about 1 per floor) lots of opportunities to advance your career.

ConsSince Vanguard doesn't lay people off they accumulate worthless employees who without a doubt have been fired from their previous employer.

The board that runs the company are masters of paying their employees less but offering lots of benefits that are all tax breaks on the bottom line for the company. Therefore they can pay their employees less and say their total benefits package is one of the best.

They could teach you finance, HA if the trainers knew the difference between live stock and preferred stock. If you don't know anything about finance the trainers appear to have a wreath of knowledge but if you know what the Wall Street Journal is the trainers are inept.

The team leaders come from supervisor backgrounds such as, hotel front desk, banquet preparation, Kohls, amature skier, golf pro, gov clerk, and Vanguard accelerated Development program, these VADP kids are all girls psych, poly sci, communication, and ASU laughable BIS degree (2 minors makes a major). Did I mention anyone with a business background nope. Good luck finding a knowledgable TL.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the people that suck at there job

Vanguard Review

Service Administrator (Current Employee) Valley Forge, PA (US)

I have been working at Vanguard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Vanguard offers good benefits and the corporate culture is strong. … Cons: When compared to other companies in the investment industry, Vanguard has a low median… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Are You Feeling Lucky?

Software Developer (Current Employee) Malvern, PA (US)

I have been working at Vanguard full-time for less than a year

Pros: Ridiculously good job security Good benefits package. You get lots of time off, teams are starting to warm up to telecommuting and flex… Cons: Ridiculously good job security (lack of layoffs and firings breeds complacency and laziness.) They're very far behind technologically, but I feel that this is no different… Advice to Senior Management: Address the cons. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Vanguard.

Worked for Vanguard? Contribute to the Community!