Veeco Instruments

www.veeco.com
  www.veeco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Veeco Instruments

Looking at Veeco? Keep looking.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA (US)
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA (US)

I have been working at Veeco Instruments

Pros

Santa Barbara is a great place to live.

Cons

Management is clueless and detached. Reorganizations seem to occur regularly at six month intervals, and these lead to three problems:

1. Projects get lost in the shuffle. As an engineer, you have no confidence that what you work on will still be considered a priority in six month's time.

2. Every reorg seems to introduce yet another layer of management. Even as a senior
engineer, I'm still five layers from the top. More and more of my time is spent generating
reports so that all of my bosses will look productive.

3. Management (especially the newest members) don't seem to know much about the technology they are supposed to be driving. Admittedly, it's arcane stuff, but there's no excuse.

Pay attention and try to figure out why people are leaving the company.

52 Other Employee Reviews for Veeco Instruments (View Most Recent)

Approaching 10 years

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Plainview, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Manager in Plainview, NY (US)

I have been working at Veeco Instruments full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Veeco is proactive about employee development. The markets they serve are high growth markets with fascinating consumer implications. Teams and departments work closely together to achieve company goals.

Cons

Cyclical business makes the downturns tough to handle but company is continuously improving and actively looking to grow.

Communication from the senior level executives to all employees is essential.

Veeco a good place to work and grow

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager

I have been working at Veeco Instruments full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Veeco has strong, best-in-class technology in all areas of their five business units and a strong team culture. Because of their market leadership and strong balance sheet they are followed by more investment analysts than other companies their size, which speaks volumes about future growth. I'm a seasoned professional that likes collaboration and flat organizations - Veeco is the one for me.

Cons

Veeco is spread out with sometimes too lean teams, requiring more coordination and outsourcing dependency

continue to provide resources to employees and finance new ideas to grow like you have done in the past

There are newer employer reviews for Veeco Instruments