Verizon Wireless

www.verizonwireless.com
  www.verizonwireless.com
There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless

Hard company to compare to.

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager
Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time

Pros

Security, Company Support, Benefits, Vacation and Family time, Opportunity, constant change, always at the forefront of its industry

Cons

retail hours, multiple weekends, high quotas make it hard to make extra commission, need to do your research about market share before taking a mgmt position to establish the extra $$$ that you can get, held accountable for metrics that you don't have a lot of control over

do research about location, market share, be prepared to be held accountable but w/ little control, but ultra rewarding if successful

3224 Other Employee Reviews for Verizon Wireless (View Most Recent)

Outstanding

Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Rochester, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Coordinator in Rochester, NY (US)

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Career progression, great networking, leadership that cares.

This is the best job I have ever had, and the amount that this company cares about it's employees is outstanding!

I was hired in September of 2011 as a customer service representative. I said that within a year, I will be a technical support coordinator. Within 8 months, I was a member of a team that acted as a point of contact while a supervisor was otherwise engaged. After 9 months, I was a senior representative, and within 10 months I had applied and was accepted into the technical support coordinator position.

As long as you set a goal for yourself, this company is the best company to work for. They will assist you with any training or assistance you need in order to get to the level you wish to be at.

Cons

Escalated customers can be very opinionated, but a level head will get you through any situation.

Verizon Wireless Retail Sales review September 30, 2012.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative

I have been working at Verizon Wireless full-time

Pros

The best part of working for Verizon Wireless is the benefits. Dental, health insurance are some of the best available. The company also has a 6% match in the 401 K plan in addition to profit sharing.

Cons

Verizon is a pay for performance company, there are times when it is difficult to balance the needs of the company and the customer.

To increase the use of my Verizon for orders, it may be worth considering basing part of the management compensation by the number of either new or upgrade accounts in a given area times the percentage of my Verizon utilization in the Retail Store.

There are newer employer reviews for Verizon Wireless