There are newer employer reviews for Vitacost

Opportunity Abound and a Happy Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boynton Beach, FL (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL (US)

I have been working at Vitacost full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for several large corporations in my career and this is the first time working for a "smaller" company. Vitacost has a LOT of opportunity and as support functions and management find new and better ways of doing things and getting products to market faster - they don't sit in ivory towers making decisions with no input. They rally the teams and get a round table approach to problems and find REAL solutions.

As for the previous comments about "no more employee lunches" and "no free goods" - well you obviously don't know what is important in a work environment. The measure of a successful company, is its ability to grow and evolve. When you stay stagnant and rest on your laurels of the "yesteryear" you fail.

The CEO (as every CEO does) expects results. If you are expecting less from any management team, perhaps you should find another field. However, different from the other companies I have worked at, the CEO here sits with his people, is interested in their personal lives, their education on the industry.

As for the comment about excel skills and no industry experience - the measure of a truly successful merchant is being able to learn the widget, analyze the information about its performance, negotiate better metrics and EXECUTE. I have worked as a buyer in half a dozen vastly different industries and never failed at getting them to grow. Its the measure of your ability to manage a business, not necessarily know every detail of one particular product category before entering into it.

The morale is the BEST I have ever experienced. I genuinely am excited (as are most other emplyees here) and happy about coming into work everyday and feel motivated and encouraged to continue to grow. Feedback is given and performance measured but its an environment where I feel I can make a mistake and not be made to feel that I am not valued because of it. Its definitely one of the best companies I have worked for and am excited about growing as the company grows!

Cons

Regret I didn't come here sooner.

Keep up the awesome work and the company will continue the healthy upward growth towards greatness!

53 Other Employee Reviews for Vitacost (View Most Recent)

Quit today - they stole 2 years of my life

I worked at Vitacost

Pros

Nice people and genuine friends that I made there. Many people in marketing are of good nature and enjoy their work. Bathrooms and a gym. Desk, chair and water. Close to my boyfriend's home in Boynton Beach.

Cons

Crazy executives (CEO, CMO, CIO) who think they're all that and spew positive daisies all day. I left today because of an argument with my boss. She wanted me to update something no matter how long I had to stay tonight. I needed to leave to pick up my daughter and she refused to allow that. She mentioned to me that I didn't know what I was doing and that I would regret it. I walked out after being harassed by horrible manager and people who wanted work on the weekends. Give me a break. I have a life and refuse this nonsense.

Stop posting fake reviews here. The company is a horrible experience and causes people grief. The positive reviews are from obvious high paid execs who know nothing about earning a low paycheck and being harrased. A joke at best at Vitacost.

Great job for an 18 year old who lives with their parents, low pay, gossip and crappy hours

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Carolina, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Carolina, NC (US)

I have been working at Vitacost full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ice pellet machine, and nice landscaping.

Cons

No growth opportunity, a lot of inter-office secret relationships and dramatics of the high school kind, no training, CEO getting insane pay increases and I couldn't even get a 20 cent raise after 3 years...they took the discounts away, they took the free monthly $25 in supplements away, insurance got worse and the price got higher, can't keep anyone in HR or any executive position for that matter, for any decent amount of time. From 2009-2013 it has become a different company in the worst of ways, the excellent reviews are fake as well, I know how this company operates...

No thanks.

There are newer employer reviews for Vitacost

Worked for Vitacost? Contribute to the Community!