There are newer employer reviews for Volusion

Great place to work!

Current Employee - QA Engineer  in  Austin, TX (US)
Current Employee - QA Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Volusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of free food and culture events. I actually enjoy coming to work. It is great being able to relax at work when you need to and still be motivated to do your best.

Cons

I really can't think of any cons that have to do with the culture or people that work there. However, I do feel that internally hired position can some times pay under the market rate.

Keep doing what you are doing.

97 Other Employee Reviews for Volusion (View Most Recent)

Good team, nice people, chance for growth.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Volusion full-time for more than a year

Pros

Volusion knows the value of its development team and works hard not only to keep them happy, but leave them alone where it counts to do so. Developers are allowed to choose or make their own tools, design their own processes, and make their own schedules. Though software quality takes a back seat to business needs like any company, you do get plenty of chances to do something cool.

Cons

The corporate culture is somewhat conservative in terms of innovation and envelope-pushing, and conversely, the office environment is a little too much on the rambunctious side. Upper management is too involved in day-to-day product direction decisions, especially visual ones, and that slows down the pace of green-field development so it seems glacial sometimes.

Know your strengths. You are great a building a customer-service-focused business. You are not UI pioneers.

A Brilliant work place and fantastic/Supportive Management Team!

Current Employee - ECommerce Consultant  in  Hammersmith, England (UK)
    Current Employee - ECommerce Consultant in Hammersmith, England (UK)

I have been working at Volusion full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Volusion is a fantastic work place. The company strives to keep moving forward each day both for the employees themselves and the company as a whole. The Management take time each day to help the staff and award us for exceeding daily set goals. Monthly and weekly incentives are provided and the atmosphere in the office is always up beat and vibrant. My work colleagues have gone beyond just being colleagues and have grown to be family.

Cons

Would love to have some extra personal benefits, heath care or gym membership.
    More Team outings - once a month. (doesn't always have to be through company expense)

Not really advice, just keep providing the support and positivity they bring each day as that really does make all the difference.

There are newer employer reviews for Volusion

Worked for Volusion? Contribute to the Community!