Von Maur

www.vonmaur.com
  www.vonmaur.com
There are newer employer reviews for Von Maur

Very hard work - most people would be very surprised by the amount of physical work we do on a daily basis.

I have been working at Von Maur

Pros

At least the clientele is somewhat upscale. The store is well thought of and it impresses people when they learn that I work there. Compensation is pretty fair -but it is very hard work. Bathrooms are awesome!

Cons

So many people that work there are over retirement age ( although at my store they are some of the hardest workers) and are still required to do the same amount of work as their 20 yr old counterparts. The prob that creates is so many people call in which requires managers to pull from another area. NO ONE is ever in there regular, home dept. Even Dept managers are required to cover someplace else. I'm not sure how they can be held accountable for their depts when they are rarely in them! At my store the newest 2nd floor manager is so ridiculously pleased with herself for her promotion that nothing else seems to matter. She walks past people and doesn't even speak to them! People are promoted simply because they have a degree.

Stop promoting these young girls only because they've graduated from college. Get to know them and find out if they have any customer service and people skills. Your employees are why you're still in business -stop running them off!

285 Other Employee Reviews for Von Maur (View Most Recent)

Overall happy

Current Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Louisville, KY (US)
    Current Employee - Full Time Sales Associate in Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Von Maur

Pros

friendly people, room to grow

Cons

promote favorites not necessarily who is most qualified

promote more on seniority

Exhausting

Former Employee - Department Manager
    Former Employee - Department Manager

I worked at Von Maur

Pros

Will look good on your resume
    Full and P/T associates are great to work with

Cons

Upper Management do not have proper education/background and/or training
    Confuse being bubbly and friendly with professional
    Turn over rate very high and new deparment mangagers not properly trained resulting in poor customer service.
    Scheduling is done by a computer system that has too many clitches to be any sort of productive.

Upper Management need to be replaced in order to provide a better working enviroment for lower management and associates.

There are newer employer reviews for Von Maur