Von Maur
www.vonmaur.com Davenport, IA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Very hard work - most people would be very surprised by the amount of physical work we do on a daily basis.

I have been working at Von Maur

ProsAt least the clientele is somewhat upscale. The store is well thought of and it impresses people when they learn that I work there. Compensation is pretty fair -but it is very hard work. Bathrooms are awesome!

ConsSo many people that work there are over retirement age ( although at my store they are some of the hardest workers) and are still required to do the same amount of work as their 20 yr old counterparts. The prob that creates is so many people call in which requires managers to pull from another area. NO ONE is ever in there regular, home dept. Even Dept managers are required to cover someplace else. I'm not sure how they can be held accountable for their depts when they are rarely in them! At my store the newest 2nd floor manager is so ridiculously pleased with herself for her promotion that nothing else seems to matter. She walks past people and doesn't even speak to them! People are promoted simply because they have a degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting these young girls only because they've graduated from college. Get to know them and find out if they have any customer service and people skills. Your employees are why you're still in business -stop running them off!

Exhausting

Department Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Von Maur

Pros: Will look good on your resume Full and P/T associates… Cons: Upper Management do not have proper education/background and/or training Confuse being bubbly and friendly with professional Turn over rate very high and new deparment mangagers not… Advice to Senior Management: Upper Management need to be replaced in order to provide… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall happy

Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Von Maur

Pros: friendly people, room to grow Cons: promote favorites not necessarily who is most qualified Advice to Senior Management: promote more on seniority Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Von Maur.

Worked for Von Maur? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Von Maur reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Von Maur CEO James D. von Maur. All reviews posted anonymously by Von Maur employees.