Von Maur

www.vonmaur.com

Very hard work - most people would be very surprised by the amount of physical work we do on a daily basis.

ProsAt least the clientele is somewhat upscale. The store is well thought of and it impresses people when they learn that I work there. Compensation is pretty fair -but it is very hard work. Bathrooms are awesome!

ConsSo many people that work there are over retirement age ( although at my store they are some of the hardest workers) and are still required to do the same amount of work as their 20 yr old counterparts. The prob that creates is so many people call in which requires managers to pull from another area. NO ONE is ever in there regular, home dept. Even Dept managers are required to cover someplace else. I'm not sure how they can be held accountable for their depts when they are rarely in them! At my store the newest 2nd floor manager is so ridiculously pleased with herself for her promotion that nothing else seems to matter. She walks past people and doesn't even speak to them! People are promoted simply because they have a degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting these young girls only because they've graduated from college. Get to know them and find out if they have any customer service and people skills. Your employees are why you're still in business -stop running them off!

how could a service base com. treat its emp so bad!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Von Maur

Pros: the pay is great the best co-workers in the world Cons: you are not of any worth when you work at Von Maur . when you are told that there would be no … Advice to Senior Management: wake up we are VON MAUR not you not Jim… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall happy

Full Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) Louisville, KY (US)

I have been working at Von Maur

Pros: friendly people, room to grow Cons: promote favorites not necessarily who is most qualified Advice to Senior Management: promote more on seniority Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Von Maur.

Worked for Von Maur? Contribute to the Community!