Walgreens

www.walgreens.com
  www.walgreens.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens

Organization is full of silos

Current Employee - Senior Director in Deerfield, IL (US)
Current Employee - Senior Director in Deerfield, IL (US)

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

Strong financial footing, despite ESI setbacks
Pharmacist-centric organization - their value is understood and opportunities for career growth are available; not of other healthcare practitioners
Diversified healthcare services - lacking cohesive integration

Cons

Myopic senior management - focusing on script fills as the only meaningful means of revenue
Antiquated systems - especially computer/IT that holds the company back.
Resting on their laurels of success 1-2 decades ago - times are changing and they say they are able to change but no one does so.

Bring in new leadership from the outside - too many like-minded individuals who only know the Walgreens way.

3944 Other Employee Reviews for Walgreens (View Most Recent)

A non permanent job

Current Employee - Service Clerk in Bloomington, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Service Clerk in Bloomington, IL (US)

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

They work well with schedules and if you need some one to take a shift you can pull someone from a different floor

Cons

Managment has their favorites and they never give raises or if they do it takes for ever. Horrible employee lounge

I think you guys need to do a better job at doing evaluations. These surveys things take for ever to get back to us with feedback by that time i might not be working there anymore.

Company slogan lately is do more (work) with less (help).

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Boston, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacist in Boston, MA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens

Pros

-Walgreens is continuously trying to stay ahead of the curve with new services to try to improve slimming profit margins from just dispensing Rx's. It seems like breakthrough ideas like immunizations (flu shots, zostavax) are not recognized by other retailers until at least a year later.
    -They have a good Profit Sharing Plan

Cons

The problem is that even with the increased services that we provide as pharmacists, there is not enough hours allowed in our budget to support us. MTM, vaccinations, adherence calls, and BP screenings are just some of the daily tasks added to the usual Rx dispensing issues of drug interaction/allergy questions, massive amount of phone calls, and impatient "patients".

I understand you wanted to cut labor hours due to the events that transpired on Jan 1st with ESI, but don't punish the stores that have found a way to increase GP, while doing a lower amount of sales. This standoff from senior management of WAG and ESI caused the dip the sales, and we have worked tremendously to keep the bottom line as high as possible. Give us back some of the support we deserve, so that we can expand these new projects that give us higher profits.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens