Walgreens used to care more about their employees

Current Employee - SFL  in  Portland, OR (US)
Current Employee - SFL in Portland, OR (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good benefits. My boss really does care about my well being. I am told how much I am appreciated.

Cons

pay. Hard to get someone fired from Walgreens unless they steal or fail a drug test.

Pay your employees better. Base it on loyalty to the company ( how long someone has worked for you), their experience, and job performance. Stop giving yourselves enormous raises and bonuses when the workers who make the company what it is do not get bonuses at all and work holidays for you. A 2.5% raise is not competative in todays market especially for those of us who have worked 9 years for you.

Other Reviews for Walgreens

Growing, positive company

Current Employee - Photo Specialist  in  Tualatin, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Photo Specialist in Tualatin, OR (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Walgreens has a good environment whether you like a fast-paced work experience or a workplace with a slower, more steady appeal. It has something for everyone and offers motivated individuals the potential for growth and advancement.

Cons

As stated previously, those who enjoy fast-paced work environments or a slower, more relaxed workplace will at times be faced with the opposite.

Listen to and engage employees about ideas they have. Listen to good ideas or offer corrective information about why a particular process or policy is in place.

Don't Waste Your Life Here

Current Employee - Service Clerk  in  Aberdeen, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Service Clerk in Aberdeen, MD (US)

I have been working at Walgreens part-time for more than a year

Pros

I don't believe there are pros to working at Walgreens, only one that I could think of is we get Promotional money for selling some items. But honestly, that's only for candies and or really expensive makeup and the money amount is never over $5 per item.

Cons

EVERYTHING. They will slave you out for no apparent reason, tell you to do work, and take credit for it. They'll make sure they get more than enough work out of you for that 7.50/ hour. Oh, and they make sure you SELL, SELL, SELL! tf?

Stop having favorites it's breaking up people.

There are newer employer reviews for Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!