Walgreens
2.9 of 5 2,787 reviews
www.walgreens.com Deerfield, IL 5000+ Employees

Potential career downgraded to just a job.

Certified Photo Specialist (Current Employee)
Toms River, NJ (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFriendly co-workers and management; pays the bills; relatively stress-free job; the work you do is appreciated

ConsLack of performance based raises (2.5% across the board does not make me want to do more); customers at times (it's retail, you have to expect it); WAY too much bureaucracy (corporate does not understand how stores actually work); low employee morale, especially with management restructuring. This went from a potential career path to just a job.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe store-level employees are an intricate part to the company. Cut back the bonuses you are writing yourselves and show some appreciation to people who help drive the sales that write your paychecks.

Not the best, not the worst.

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good coworkers. Potential to move up in the company. Cons: Cutting costs in too many ways for no reason. CEO does not seem to care… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to and look at the little guys for a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My experience here at Walgreens

Assistant Manager (MGT) (Current Employee)
Huntington Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Walgreens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great 401K and Benefits. Great place to learn to manage. Cons: Too much drama and lazy employees Advice to Senior Management: Good Career Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Walgreens.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Walgreens CEO Greg Wasson. All reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees.