There's a reason they're #1

Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor  in  Irmo, SC (US)
Current Employee - Merchandise Supervisor in Irmo, SC (US)

I have been working at Walmart full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wal-Mart is a "You-Are-What-You-Are" company to work for. if you are a mediocre employee with little drive to advance, don't expect the silver platter, but if you have a desire to serve, to advance, and to complete expectations, then the opportunities are endless.

Cons

90 waiting period for Associate Discount

Remember two things: Take care of your employees and your employees will take care of you. And "Don't put off till tomorrow, that which can be done today."

Other Reviews for Walmart

I absolutly love my job and working at Wal-Mart but the company is overloading dept. mgrs to point of severe frustration

Current Employee - Office Associate (UPC Clerk)  in  Riverton, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Office Associate (UPC Clerk) in Riverton, UT (US)

I have been working at Walmart full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fair Pay, good incentive plan, ampel promotion opertunities, many career options,

Cons

Diversity pressure doesn't always let the most qualified to get promoted, overload the good workers but don't seem to be able to get rid of the slackers, no good insurance options for those on Medicare that need supplimentary coverage.

Listen more to the hourly employees at the stores for their input to improve processes and procedures. I see too much of the MBA trying to justify their salary resulting in change which isn't an improvement. There is entirley to frequent of mod changes. Customers like to be able to shop and find items in the same place they found them the last time in the store.

A constant state of near slavery.

Current Employee - Punching Bag  in  Auburn, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Punching Bag in Auburn, NY (US)

I have been working at Walmart part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The pros are few and far between.

Cons

10 different bosses that want 10 different things done at once... all outside your pay grade. Many many more things besides this. They cut your breaks, schedule outside your availability, do not follow NYS labor laws, maintain under 10% full time employees when Wal mart rules state that we need a minimum of 20%. They are rude, crude, and don't know their own jobs.

Figure out what your job is and do it or find a tall cliff and do us all a favor.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart.

Worked for Walmart? Contribute to the Community!