There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Great company overall!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Memphis, TN (US)
Former Employee - Store Manager in Memphis, TN (US)

I worked at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leader in the industry.
The associates you have the privilege of working with and leading.
Great compensation for managers.

Cons

Bottom line has become more important than associates working there.
Below average compensation for hourly associates and schedules for hourlies are really inconsistent.
Becoming scorecard driven and it's taking away from customer service levels in the stores.

Listen to the leaders in the stores that have been with the company for many years. They do know what they are talking about. They have a better idea of what they need to run the store than a computer or some college kid fresh out of school in Bentonville does.

8432 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

Wonderful Employee ,Manager ,communication ,care and respect

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in San Antonio, TX (US)

I worked at Walmart part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Walmart where I worked was a great place they listened to employee concerns,and made every effort to help solve them..NEVER did they make you feel unimportant ,or little.. Bonuses where giving and breakfast,lunches and dinners where giving through the year..They made you feel like family as well as part of the team...

Cons

None...This Walmart was a great friendly place to work...

Keep up making employees feel like family,listen to there ideas and concerns always and you will be a unstoppable team....

Photo Lab Specialist-Wireless and Electronics Associate

Current Employee - Photo Lab Specialist in Columbia, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Photo Lab Specialist in Columbia, MO (US)

I have been working at Walmart part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I did enjoy the job for the first while I was newly married and in school full time. I did eventually get a full time position but it was at the cost of my getting to keep a full schedule. Getting to see what not to do as a Manager was a pretty common occurrence.

Cons

Learning from the mistakes of others in what to actually do. At first they would work with my school schedule they eventually started trying to make me feel guilty for needing to change my schedule or would threaten less hours if I did not make Walmart my first priority.

Don't pass over people who actually know how to do a job and are willing to work for it, for people that are your favorites. Ineptitude begets Ineptitude. Get back to the grass roots values that Sam Walton built the company on. Merit raises and Merit promotions.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart