Walmart

corporate.walmart.com
  corporate.walmart.com
There are newer employer reviews for Walmart

Associate

I have been working at Walmart full-time

Pros

Great people and company to work for

Cons

Do not pay me enough

8778 Other Employee Reviews for Walmart (View Most Recent)

It was a fast paced job

Former Employee - Bakery Associate in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Former Employee - Bakery Associate in Tempe, AZ (US)

I worked at Walmart full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Lots of work, lots of unloading of freight, great exercise, fun people, great learning experience, easy job, the bakery is the best!

Cons

the only thing i didn't like about working at walmart was there are just way to many managers to deal with and they suck at communicating new rules and policies to each other, one day we could do said thing, and the next day we couldn't any longer even though one said we could then another one would turn around and say something different.

Learn to communicate rule and policies between managers more efficiently as to now confuse associates.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Walmart full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Can be a great company to work for, but it entirely depends on the store management team and how well engaged the associates are. Best perks of the job include excellent work schedule, 3 on 3 off. Vacation depends on seniority, up to 4 weeks off a year after 15 years. Matching 401k, decent health insurance, stock purchase program, decent bonus potential, a lot of room to grow within the company

Cons

Some store management teams are tight-knit families with strong personalities that balance each other, some are just emotional boat anchors. Your experience will depend a lot on the store management team, the associate engagement, and your personal level of emotional and stress tolerance.

Choose a program and stay with it for a while. Try to keep SOPs and policies updated so they do not conflict with each other.

There are newer employer reviews for Walmart