overall great place to work, but low pay

Current Employee - PC Technician  in  Burbank, CA (US)
Current Employee - PC Technician in Burbank, CA (US)

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time for more than a year

Pros

people, comradery, structure, well financed, you feel productive

Cons

pay too low, everyone fighting to step on each other to get up the latter. need willing assertive personality to self promote.

stop outsourcing

Other Reviews for Warner Bros.

Great

I have been working at Warner Bros.

Pros

Entertainment perks, you are surrounded by smart individuals that strive for professional growth. You are in an industry that is very competitive.

Cons

They stress work, life and balance. However, there is not much work to go around so at times it does get slow and boring.

Lots of people failing up here...

Current Employee - Marketing and Public Relations  in  Burbank, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing and Public Relations in Burbank, CA (US)

I have been working at Warner Bros. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Let's face it, it's fun to work for a movie studio, many outstanding perks. WB also offers competitive pay, benefits, and generous paid time off.

Cons

Leadership, or lack thereof. Management here is some of the worst I have ever seen. They don't develop their staff, HR is a joke, there's no focus on employee relations, managers yell/curse at employees, you're expected to work ridiculous hours and on your vacation, very unprofessional, tons of favoritism, I have had zero performance reviews during my tenure, there are way too many VPs and above, and too many people getting promoted when they should not. You can be a terrible manager and still get promoted, we see it all the time.

Thin out your VP levels, especially the old timers, they are so lazy and ineffective. Put a formal career development process in place. Hold managers accountable for developing their staff. Actually enforce annual performance appraisals (just because a score is submitted doesn't mean a conversation ever happened).

There are newer employer reviews for Warner Bros..

Worked for Warner Bros.? Contribute to the Community!