Washington Mutual

www.wamu.com

It's a job, not a career

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Palo Alto, CA (US)

ProsDespite some interesting growth opportunities, I'd call it a job and not a career. Decent pay, high turnover. Upper movement determined on office politics rather than merit. But I suppose that's true at many places.

ConsUpper management pushes some questionable growth numbers. Is it possible for a small branch to open 100+ new accounts in a month? Definitely. Are those accounts really needed and necessary in a small community? Probably not.

Advice to Senior ManagementA mission statement should be a mission statement, not a PR device to brainwash employees and consumers alike into thinking poor money management, big fees, and behavior inconsistent with said mission statement.

It was a great experience while it lasted.

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

I worked at Washington Mutual full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I truly enjoyed my time at WaMu. I loved my team and the people I worked… Cons: Getting shut down by the FDIC and being devoured by… Advice to Senior Management: Ignoring risk and lending out to anybody regardless of whether… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It was good while it lasted

QA Analyst (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Washington Mutual full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: It was a nice work environment, coworkers were great. Cons: too much red tape and hard to get point across Advice to Senior Management: listen more to your reports. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Washington Mutual.

Worked for Washington Mutual? Contribute to the Community!