Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com
  www.wellsfargo.com
There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo

Good strong bank

Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Consultant in Burlingame, CA (US)
Former Employee - Mortgage Loan Consultant in Burlingame, CA (US)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent reputation, ahead of the curve in business accumen

Cons

Tedious proceses and disclosures, constant changes daily in underwriting guidelines and processes

7082 Other Employee Reviews for Wells Fargo (View Most Recent)

Horrible job....So glad I moved on

Former Employee - Phone Banker
    Former Employee - Phone Banker

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Set schedule and convenient location
    Training- Met so many wonderful people in training.

Cons

Way to many to list but heres a few
    Sales/Incentives- They stress sales way to much for the pathetic payout that you get which is every quarter. Coming from Verizon Wireless I had no motivation to get Incentive at Wells Fargo (Although I still earned mines). I averaged 1200-1500 monthly commission at VZW and WF didnt equal to that QUARTERLY.

Management- Awful management. They always give pushback when Employee's ask questions or have Supervisor Only calls. Not to mention my Supervisor was very sneaky and tried his best to get the bad performing Phone Bankers out of the company since he was so concerned about his incentive.

Micromanagement- We all hate this and know how it is. Wells Fargo micromanages a ton.

Turnover- Its always a new hire classes going on because so many employees quit! My training class consisted of 23 people and before it was all over only 9 "graduated" because everyone quit.

Moving Up- They claim you can move up in the company but even our "Top Producer" in the site is still a Phone Banker 1. A lot of Banker Coaches are stuck because Wells Fargo doesnt want to promote whatsoever. Maybe they do it in other Locations but here everyone is stuck on a bench. You need more than Sales numbers to move up so keep that in mind.

I could go on and on for days but I'll stop here.

Stop being lazy and selfish. Don't expect new hires to become top sales reps right out of the gate.

This was not a good experience at all.

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

I have nothing positive to say.

Cons

I was brought into the position with literally no training. Some of the people I worked with were unpleasant. One slept through half his/her shift, and one in particular talked bad about me behind my back, though I overheard what was said on several occasions. The manager was hard to read and never gave me a clear indicator of how my work was. Organization and structuring of the work flow was also poor. Some days work would be so large, you wouldn't know where to start. Other days there was barely anything to do. Other days, work would get lost and we'd scramble around trying to find it all.

There are newer employer reviews for Wells Fargo