Wells Fargo

www.wellsfargo.com

Great place to work, but limited internal growth potential

Operations Analyst III (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsThe people are great. The company is strong and stable. There are many job types and opportunities within the company. It's a great place to get experience.

ConsThere is an internal policy that limits growth of the employees to about 15% for internal promotions. This isn't an issue if you join the company at a reasonable market rate, but if you are planning on starting at the bottom and trying to work your way up, you will quickly find that you will always be at the bottom. The consensus from employees I have spoken with is that the best way to earn a respectable salary is to leave the company and come back at a decent rate. I know two individuals who did this and doubled their salary in one year, keeping in mind that they were severely underpaid to begin with.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to build a better culture of talent retention. Too many great employees leave because of the rigid compensation policy. Just because you get a bargain rate on an employee to begin with doesn't mean that you should hold them at the bottom for the rest of their career. The smart employees will always leave for better pay, and you will be left with the least ambitious, least talented people working for you for the long term. This does not seem to be a very good recipe for success.

Lots of opportunities and very rewarding career

Manager (Current Employee) Des Moines, IA (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Managers open to employees transferring internally and grow. Competetive compensation, flexible… Cons: Large company so change is slow Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you get a good manager and are willing to work, the sky is the limit.

Personal Banker (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros: The company offers great benefits, including solid vacation pay (from Day 1), company match 401k (after year 1), reasonable starting salary, good hours with easy… Cons: Of course there is sales pressure, but its not anywhere near as bad as I've read in other reviews (of course this will vary greatly… Advice to Senior Management: Weed out bad hires more quickly and recognize and promote talent sooner. This is minor, though. Overall, all that really… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Wells Fargo.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!