Would I recommned them YES, would I go return, I don't think so

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

Prof Growth Opps
Generally Hire very good "line-level" associates
Benefits and work environment are very good
Safety is highest priority, even in the office environment

Cons

In a cyclical industry, so layoffs are not uncommon
Not always looking for long term value in software development
Don't really understand how software development needs to work, still treat it like building they are building a widget.

Enter the 21st century when it comes to the way in which software can better be developed.

Other Reviews for Weyerhaeuser

Weyerhauser in tough times

Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst  in  Federal Way, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior IT Analyst in Federal Way, WA (US)

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

In the past there have been a lot of opportunities for new and different challenges. The real forest land assets owned by the company gives me hope for the future as the building market increases.
    More opportunities will be there for those that survive the tough economic times.

Cons

Severe reductions in the work force in the supporting organizations has created a very negative working environment. The cuts have come wave after wave leaving those that survive a feeling of continued uncertainty.

If cuts need to be made, learn how to make the decision quickly, take the action needed swiftly too.
    Your employees have been told they are a great asset, start treating them as such

Sad

Current Employee - IT Analyst  in  Federal Way, WA (US)
    Current Employee - IT Analyst in Federal Way, WA (US)

I have been working at Weyerhaeuser

Pros

The people are great. I like everyone I work with, from managers on down. The tools I'm given to work with are excellent.

Cons

I'm one of many Weyerhaeuser employees looking at the unemployment line before the end of the year. What was a happy place to work just a couple of years ago is bleeding money and trying to stay alive, and they're doing it by starving some IT services and doing as little as possible to keep others alive. And all the while, critical IT services are outsourced instead of being fufilled by highly capable local employees.

Bring infrastructure and helpdesk support back in-house. Take this time of bad performance and plan carefully a new staff and management structure, so that when (or if) the company comes out of the current situation, it can have a lean, efficient and effective IT division. Look back at the history of this proud company and return to the values that made it great.

There are newer employer reviews for Weyerhaeuser.

Worked for Weyerhaeuser? Contribute to the Community!