Williams-Sonoma
www.williams-sonomainc.com San Francisco, CA 5000+ Employees

Sets a higher standard for retail employment experience

Stock Associate (Current Employee)
Miami, FL (US)

I have been working at Williams-Sonoma part-time for more than 5 years

ProsThere are plenty of growth opportunities available, and the company has a great focus on both the customer experience and employee needs.

ConsThere are huge opportunities around internals systems, particularly inventory management. On the note of inventory, more attention needs to be directed towards stockroom operations. Without accurate inventory levels, the company will lose out on sales and profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone equally. The stock guy you staffed by himself to load furniture in vehicles deserves just as much recognition as the sales associate that generated the sale.

Management Style Disconnected...

Gift Specialist (Former Employee)
Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Williams-Sonoma part-time for less than a year

Pros: 40% Discount and working with mostly a decent grade of… Cons: Told one thing, trained another, and the actuality was yet another! Was hired and told that I would help plan events for the store… Advice to Senior Management: Trust your hired people and stop the border collie on… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

If you like big companies that are over processed this is your place

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at Williams-Sonoma full-time for less than a year

Pros: Lots of smart, talented people within the organization. Cons: Lots of swirl - takes weeks to get something finalized and approved but it will most likely be changed the day after it gets published.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Williams-Sonoma.

Worked for Williams-Sonoma? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Williams-Sonoma reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Williams-Sonoma CEO Laura J. Alber. All reviews posted anonymously by Williams-Sonoma employees.