Wincanton
www.wincanton.co.uk Chippenham, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Exciting opportunities in an essential industry - things improving at Wincanton plc

Manager (Current Employee)
Chippenham, South West England, England (UK)

I have been working at Wincanton

ProsVaried opportunities coupled with project work and change management. Always something going on, but you need to be flexible and prepared to seize opportunities as, when and where they occur.

ConsA bit disjointed and some IT issues. Silo mentality. Fire fighting on occasions and obsession with how results will be received in city - some short term knee jerk actions as a result.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your backsides and visit some sites - get a feel for the business. Stop reading about how to do it - do it! And take a long term view sometimes.

Not as good as the airport

case picker (for life) (Current Employee)
Wigan, England (UK)

I have been working at Wincanton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Some good lads, the lads who genuinely work hard just get… Cons: If your face doesn't fit you won't get anywhere, the… Advice to Senior Management: Train new people better instead of just trying to get… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

disappointing

Warehouse Team Member (Current Employee)
Gloucester, England (UK)

I have been working at Wincanton full-time for more than a year

Pros: No mater how lazy you are as long you move its ok Most important thing is… Cons: only friends and family of management can go up you need to look busy all time even if its not busy managers don't have any… Advice to Senior Management: change managers to people who have knowledge how work should… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Wincanton.

Worked for Wincanton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wincanton reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wincanton CEO Eric Born. All reviews posted anonymously by Wincanton employees.