There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Corporate snake pit if you are on the wrong side of the political animals

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA (US)

I worked at Workday

Pros

Good potential for IPO, if you have the right manager it can be a great place to work

Cons

Toxic political environment, all the downsides of a large company crammed into a startup

Don't pigeon hole people and learn to accept criticism freely

139 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Great people and culture, and interesting work

I worked at Workday as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

What sets Workday apart is the culture. They put a big emphasis on your personality, and it shows in the hiring process and your coworkers. I became good friends with several coworkers in just a few months. My manager did an awesome job and it was evident that he really cared about every member on the team. He would always check in to make sure that the workload wasn't overbearing and would ask for individual input. The work is fun and rewarding, and the technology is unique and innovative.

Cons

The company is growing at a rapid rate and new initiatives are constantly undertaken. As a result, sometimes the spec or design of a project could be clearer, so that employees do not waste time building something that will be scrapped because it didn't match the customer's/management's expectations.

Consider assigning senior engineers a lesser workload so they can act as mentors for younger engineers. I know some managers do this already and from what I've observed, it yields very positive results.

Workday is the best company a person can work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have been working here for about 4 months now. I came straight out of college with a degree in business. Working for Workday as been the most incredible experience. They take so much time and money in training their employees. I'm challenged every day. My leadership gives me the tools to succeed. The people that I work with are hard working, funny, and just down right good people. I'm not over worked even though I'm salary, work about 40-45 hours a week. Also the industry is exploding so Workday is growing faster then any company I know. I turned down a huge salary to come here and I have to say it was so worth it. I'm so happy to come into work every day.

Cons

I can't think of anything honestly.

Keep making your employees feel appreciated and continue to challenge them on the individual level.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday