Workday

www.workday.com

The IPO Train is full steam ahead..Hang on tight, or you might get run over

Applications Developer (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsNext to Facebook, Workday's IPO is the most exciting in Silicon Valley. Cutting edge technology. The rate at which Workday can develop product is unbelievable, leaving our competition struggling to keep up. Vacation time was increased this year, and if the company hits its goals. Company meetings are fun, celebrities such as Captain Sully and Steve Young have attended in the past. We poke fun of our competition at the meetings,portraying SAP employees doing the goose step, and there is even art work of Larry Ellison being flushed a toilet at the company headquarters. Needless to say, product confidence is very high.

ConsThere is a lot of money at stake at Workday. Not only are the investments of our founders on the line, several millions of the famous Bay Area Tech funders and CEO's have there money wrapped up in Workday. As a result, things have tightened up. Salaries haven't been raised in years, and stock is being guarded tight. As it stands, the amount of work vs resources is stretched thin, and every overhead cost is scrutinized.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook past 2012. The IPO is a very big milestone, however, building a sustainable company with good morale is of even greater importance. The IPO is going to make several people very happy and wealthy, but is that enough to retain talent and create a company for the future?

Workday has an outstanding work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros: Workday is a wonderful place to work. I love… Cons: We are growing so fast, it can be hard to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Challenging, Innovative and Exciting place to work

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Workday

Pros: The company leadership and products are stellar. Prospects are blown away by what Workday brings to the table. The acumen of people this company… Cons: The pace is fast and you need to be able to continuously engage,learn and be prepared to… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the focus and path. This is one of the most exciting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Workday.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!