Workday

www.workday.com

"Bait and Switch"

Corporate Sales Development (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsDisruptive technology
Impressive brand name customers
Top leadership well respected in the industry
IPO on the horizon
Chance to make a mark on a promising new company

ConsThe term "bait and switch" comes to mind when thinking about my experience at Workday. I was sold on the idea of joining up with a hot company that values building and grooming talent. That is the whole premise of what Workday's very own product is supposed to provide...isn't it? I was promised that there would be ample opportunities to explore different areas within the organization and grow my career. Soon after joining the team, I came to the harsh realization that was not the case.

The leadership of the sales development team quickly proved that they make empty promises. The idea of "talent management" and helping employees to grow is nothing more than a feel-good slogan on the front page of the website. Employees are not treated in a respectful and adult manner, and are openly criticized in front of peers. Team morale only continues to decrease, and there is no improvement in sight.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to continue to attract top talent, you better start taking a look at how well the current talent gets treated by those you put in management positions.

Good Place to work if you like to be discriminated against

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros: A lot of good people (although most have left) Fairly good… Cons: Senior Management is Machiavellian No upward growth "In crowd" atmosphere Innovation is discouraged If you get on the wrong side of Snr Management, you are put on "special… Advice to Senior Management: Too bad money can't buy you character and integrity No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Workday is a great place to spend your day.

I have been working at Workday

Pros: We are building apps in the 21st century and as such want new fresh ideas. We hire smart people who have… Cons: We are still in the growth mode and the work -… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Workday.

Worked for Workday? Contribute to the Community!