Workday

www.workday.com
  www.workday.com
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

"Bait and Switch"

Former Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA (US)
Former Employee - Corporate Sales Development in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I worked at Workday

Pros

Disruptive technology
Impressive brand name customers
Top leadership well respected in the industry
IPO on the horizon
Chance to make a mark on a promising new company

Cons

The term "bait and switch" comes to mind when thinking about my experience at Workday. I was sold on the idea of joining up with a hot company that values building and grooming talent. That is the whole premise of what Workday's very own product is supposed to provide...isn't it? I was promised that there would be ample opportunities to explore different areas within the organization and grow my career. Soon after joining the team, I came to the harsh realization that was not the case.

The leadership of the sales development team quickly proved that they make empty promises. The idea of "talent management" and helping employees to grow is nothing more than a feel-good slogan on the front page of the website. Employees are not treated in a respectful and adult manner, and are openly criticized in front of peers. Team morale only continues to decrease, and there is no improvement in sight.

If you want to continue to attract top talent, you better start taking a look at how well the current talent gets treated by those you put in management positions.

152 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Good Place to work if you like to be discriminated against

I worked at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of good people (although most have left)
    Fairly good product

Cons

Senior Management is Machiavellian
    No upward growth
    "In crowd" atmosphere
    Innovation is discouraged
    If you get on the wrong side of Snr Management, you are put on "special project"
    IPO won't get their emps anything. C'mon guys, $250m raised in VC funding?! You will be left with a crap job and no upward mobility

Too bad money can't buy you character and integrity

Workday is a great place to spend your day.

I have been working at Workday

Pros

We are building apps in the 21st century and as such want new fresh ideas. We hire smart people who have experience but can take a fresh approach - this is key to our success. The product requires collaboration across the entire company.

Cons

We are still in the growth mode and the work - life balance is not there yet, but it is getting better.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday