There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Good Place to work if you like to be discriminated against

I worked at Workday full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A lot of good people (although most have left)
Fairly good product

Cons

Senior Management is Machiavellian
No upward growth
"In crowd" atmosphere
Innovation is discouraged
If you get on the wrong side of Snr Management, you are put on "special project"
IPO won't get their emps anything. C'mon guys, $250m raised in VC funding?! You will be left with a crap job and no upward mobility

Too bad money can't buy you character and integrity

141 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Workday is a great place to spend your day.

I have been working at Workday

Pros

We are building apps in the 21st century and as such want new fresh ideas. We hire smart people who have experience but can take a fresh approach - this is key to our success. The product requires collaboration across the entire company.

Cons

We are still in the growth mode and the work - life balance is not there yet, but it is getting better.

Good break after graduating from UC Berkeley

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday

Pros

Laid back attitude, allowed to work from home sometimes, good work-life balance are all great parts of working at Workday. Also, the company is successful and generally people are upbeat. Also nobody gets fired here. So considering the company outlook, this is a great place to work if your priority is job security and low stress.

Cons

Limited exposure to widely used frameworks and development tools--this is especially true for Application Developers. On the Tools team you get more exposure, but it's mostly just Java and a little bit of XML processing. The problem is a "Not Invented Here" attitude, that results in more work for you and fewer employable skills to gain. A little too much company kool-aid; sometimes the hype gets to me. Not all managers are top notch (they get fired more rarely than employees) and some are just plain ineffective and annoying (but most of them were at least developers at some point). Also pay is low.

Give your employees enough work to feel like they are productive. Don't be a nervous nanny, nobody likes a micro-manager (a little bit of an epidemic here). Treat your employees like adults, not kids.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday