Workday

www.workday.com
There are newer employer reviews for Workday

Surprising.....

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Much of the executive management are fantastic and have great ideas / experience. The company has lots of perks that make it an enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Nearly zero opportunity for advancement regardless of what you do, how well you do it, or how long you've been there. Stock options are pretty much non-existent. Extremely frustrating on how little are shared with the employees in general when some folks consistently receive extra. Pay scale is below market standards and raises are non-existent.

Take a strong look at the employees and solicit feedback. Many are dissatisfied with lack of growth potential. Most importantly - share the options...... In what universe does it make sense that only VP's and higher get all the options. Some brand new employees have 5 times the number of options as employees who have been there for twice as long....

152 Other Employee Reviews for Workday (View Most Recent)

Interesting company to work for

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Pleasanton, CA (US)

I have been working at Workday full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Workday is truly re-inventing how ERP systems work. Having been in ERP for 10 years, there is the opportunity to make business processes more efficient utilizing object modeling. That coupled with being SAAS makes for some interesting work.

Workday is really telecommuter friendly; they don't care where you work as long as you are available and you meet your deadlines.

I do believe the founders of the company want people to enjoy where they work. Lots of company events, a couple of game rooms, and people joking around make for a good environment even with the high workload. (The CEO does expect you to work). Certain departments are more stressful than others.

Cons

Health care and 401K options are disappointing; I've had better at other companies this size. Also the corporate culture can wear on you over time.

Re-examine the health care benefits. I feel strongly that we are not getting the best value for what we pay.

Long interview, sometimes lack of information flow to new employees, MASSIVE hiring!

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

The company does a great job of making all new hires feel welcome. However, they're hiring so many, so fast, that some new hires are waiting a long time to get access to file for their benefits and other resources. The training for consultants is quite arduous but you learn a lot in a short time.

Cons

I think the IT staff could use some supplementing to help keep up with the new hires.

There are newer employer reviews for Workday