Yahoo
3.4 of 5 1,598 reviews
www.yahoo.com Sunnyvale, CA 5000+ Employees

A very flexible place to work but he senior management team and board are incompetent as far as I am concerned.

Principal Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Yahoo

ProsThe overall compensation package is pretty darn good and the work environment is very flexible.

ConsBusiness and engineering processes are nearly non-existent. I could probably write a book on all of the problems within Yahoo.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe lack of vision is really astounding. I have no problem with laying off people if there is justification and a well thought out plan behind the layoff. Executive management should try better communicating with senior management and solicit their input when making such major personnel changes. There should be clear strategic goals conveying what is trying to be accomplished.

Even when executive management does happen to come up with some goals, there never seems to be an tactical plan for accomplishing those goals. To me, this is a failure in communication between the executive management team and the senior management team.

Exciting environment filled with stupid upper management spoiling the company

Software QA Engineer (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Great work culture Good management of work-life balance Great support from colleagues… Cons: Too much panic situation in upper management Insecurity in the mind of employees because of frequent lay-offs Too many stupid decisions taken… Advice to Senior Management: Please please please act wisely. Firing people is easy, winning… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Chaotic.

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Great benefits, great pay, interesting work, generally very interesting projects. Cons: Upper management chaos, contestant bad press. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Yahoo reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer. All reviews posted anonymously by Yahoo employees.