Yahoo

www.yahoo.com

As Good As It Gets

Editor (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsIf you must endure corporate culture, Yahoo has one of the best environments in the Bay Area. The main campus mimics the layout of a university, but its maturity doesn't have the patchwork layout of other newer campuses. There's something to be said about having a decent gym, grounds, and people who are cordial to one another.

ConsAs with any company that has been around for a long time, Yahoo takes a while to shed dead weight. Part of that is indicative of a lack of nimbleness, as well as the Silicon Valley fantasy of the flat structure. Besides constantly seeking new talent, there needs to be an equal measure of in-house development of talent. New managers should be required to undergo leadership training, and promotions should not go hand-in-hand with seniority.

Advice to Senior ManagementYahoo should be a content company. Period. It has the power and perhaps the responsibility to reshape the new media landscape.

Ignore the negative press, Yahoo! is a great company

Senior Director of Support (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: Yahoo is a fantastic company. I have worked at some of the major high tech companies in the valley including… Cons: Yahoo! currently is where Apple was in the early 90s. The media and analysts jump on everything negative and publicize it, while ignoring the positives.… Advice to Senior Management: I would continue to stick to the growth plan, deliver… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great company to work for!

Technical Yahoo! QA Engineer (Current Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros: less work pressure. great work environment. Lot of press coverage!… Cons: feels like working for underdog. project deadlines not met. no free food. technically… Advice to Senior Management: they have to be more strict in executing against the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Yahoo.

Worked for Yahoo? Contribute to the Community!