There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

Where are we going?

Current Employee - Front End Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
Current Employee - Front End Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

You are allowed to figure out your own ideal balance between work and play. Hours are very flexible, time off is generous, work early or late as you prefer. Many work from home.

Cons

Poor direction. The last few years have seen projects released with no followup or maintenance, other projects restarted several times or cancelled close to release. There is no clear plan of attack for Yahoo's comeback. Subsequently we have lost almost all the "big name" web devs who used to be a selling point to incoming engineers.

Pick a direction and stick with it. Don't plan and replan and replan, just execute and trust in the results.

1798 Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo (View Most Recent)

grey box/white box testing

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

People are very helpful and friendly

Cons

Most of important information are heard from the internet 1st

Good personal experience, less so for others.....

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Yahoo

Pros

Personally, I've had a very good experience working for Yahoo. I have been offered a number of promotions and gained a lot of valuable experience. However, although I believe that this is the product of my own hard work, it does occasionally seem that others have had less valuable experiences.

Cons

Seems that if it can be over complicated, it will be. Recently there has been a complete lack of direction, confounded by the utter inability of the Senior Management team to instill any belief in the company, or in their skills as leaders. There is far too much bullsh*t rhetoric that at times seems to fly directly in the face of what we are being told. However, if you can cope with this, then its fine.

Develop a clear strategy, and stick to it! Way to much disparity in communicating what it is the company stands for. And it would be nice to see the stocks go up, for a change.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo