There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo

No complaints...

Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
Former Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I worked at Yahoo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. Scale if you are an engineer. Huge learning experience.

Cons

Stock not moving up. Direction not clear.

Board change?

1810 Other Employee Reviews for Yahoo (View Most Recent)

Still trying find its way

Current Employee - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

I have been working at Yahoo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It is a great place to work with strong culture irrespective of the location one works in. The people are pretty smart and easy to work with.

Cons

The management direction until the now has not been that great. It remains to be seen what will happen with the new CEO at the helm. Many projects get canned after a lot of investment which is a loss both to the company and its people

Transparent communication and clear strategy/goals is required to move the company forward.

The company totally lacked focus

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Yahoo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You will work with some of the best minds. There are lot of PostGrads and Phds around you. There is almost no politics. The biggest assets are its people. The company culture is pretty open. Employee welfare is taken care of. The knowledge sharing is enormous.

Cons

The company spends lot of money for people travelling to US from India. There are many frequent travellers. Nobody knows why they travel. Once an employee was sponsored for a trip to New Zealand for presenting her paper which she submitted during her PG days. That paper had nothing to with what Yahoo was doing. But she was sponsored by Yahoo to travel.
    Some managers are not technical and that affects the appraisal. In one appraisal my manager said I am an expert in an area. But I was only good in that area and started getting lot of works in that area from that point of time. I got the feeling that one can easily manage to deceive the manager.

Under Marissa I hope it regains focus.

There are newer employer reviews for Yahoo