Yankee Candle

www.yankeecandle.com
  www.yankeecandle.com
There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle

I love my job and this Company !

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company gives extensive training and development on all levels. You are given MANY tools to develop your business acumen and strategy. The sales program is called A.S.A.P. Used properly, it gives a manager a clear cut manner in which to train everyone in the store (including themselves) in proper sales techniques. It is short and simple and allows you to observe and coach effectively.

The bonus structure is generous. If you make your goals, EVERYONE gets a bonus, irregardless of your position and hours that you work. The Company's attitude is that it takes a team to achieve great sales results. As a SM, we have a lot of responsibility, however, it is not a success in which we can take all of the credit ! It takes a village...

Your days fly by !!! There is ALWAYS something to do if business is slow. The customers are loyal to the brand and quite proud of this ! The Company's return policy is generous which makes the customers happy and assures repeat business. For the most part, our customers are wonderful and a lot of fun.

Cons

The downside is more of a comment on retail management in general- in light of the economic climate. Yankee Candle is no worse than any other retailer at this time. No matter where you are working, management is expected to do more with less payroll. If you are the kind of manager that is committed to growing your business, you will have long work weeks. 50+ hrs most of the time. Holidays there are more expectations for your time in the store. But you are given comp days.

Quicker turnaround on replenishment.

Simplify communications. TOO MANY EMAILS !!!! Let us run our stores and spend our time servicing customers. It is crazy to have to check two email boxes MULTIPLE times, daily, in order to react on a dime !

213 Other Employee Reviews for Yankee Candle (View Most Recent)

Great company, lower pay scale for lower management

I have been working at Yankee Candle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent communication throughout company, room for growth, positive attitudes all around.

Cons

Very low annual raises, pay scale not competitive with same level management within other companies for employees.

Product sells its self but managers seem to be slacking

I worked at Yankee Candle

Pros

They give you the tools to be able to successfully sell the product. Its can be a fun place to work with the right kind of people.

Cons

Gossip and drama always seem to be in the district. Its defiantly not the easiest job in the world. A lot of shipments, can be really crazy during the holidays. Turn over with management is not that often so the opportunity to move up can take years.

There are newer employer reviews for Yankee Candle