There are newer employer reviews for Yorkshire Building Society

They used to be fair and fun, but the new management are too big for their boots

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I worked at Yorkshire Building Society

Pros

Reasonable salaries and benefits.
Nice coffee in the canteen.

Cons

Crap location, miles out of town, with nothing to do at lunchtime. OK if you travel to work via the motorway (M62), but not if you have to drive home via Bradford centre.

Listen to your staff, and stop growing so fast. All the fun is disappearing as acquisition after acquisition is chased. It's not fun to work there any more.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Yorkshire Building Society (View Most Recent)

Business Analyst

I worked at Yorkshire Building Society full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Local, honest, community driven, financial

Cons

micro management, inflexible, old school

Think of the little man. They keep the business ticking over.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Manager  in  Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I have been working at Yorkshire Building Society full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fantastic people, really friendly and you do feel that you work for a mutual. Definitlley being a building society is a big plus, and really proud of the business for coming through the financial crisis stronger than most.

Cons

Work load really high due to sucesssion of mergers and sometimes you feel like your chasing your tail and not making headway. This causes frustration across the business. Fragmented communication can be an issue not just trying to work cross functionally but also within my department. A lot of change is taking place which does mean that things are slightly unsure, I am trusting the business to do the right thing as they haven't let me down as yet.

The business needs to be structured in a way that allows staff to make a difference and offer the best for our customer.

There are newer employer reviews for Yorkshire Building Society

Worked for Yorkshire Building Society? Contribute to the Community!