There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

Fun place to work in an evolving industry. Great people, excellent location!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very welcoming, friendly group. Company is expanding quickly so every day is very exciting. TONS of perks - kitchen snacks, random bagel deliveries, organic fruit every week, catered Thursday lunches, Giants games & happy hours. Adjacent to Embarcadero Bart/Muni station & close to lots of great restaurants & shopping. Great health benefits - this company cares about your health!

Cons

Since the company is expanding and changing so quickly, information sometimes does not make it around to all the appropriate people, so that creates room for employee speculation & confusion.

Be more transparent. I know upper management is busy but try to make sure your employees understand what is changing. I don't know if monthly company meetings satisfy this need as not all branches are included in all information exchanges.

72 Other Employee Reviews for blinkx (View Most Recent)

small issues but overall great environment

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-blinkx is growing
    -Supportive upper management
    -Competitive Salary
    -Thursday lunches, lots of snacks/beverages for free

Cons

-Growing pains comes with some confusion for employees on their roles. Makes sense though based on recent acquires (burst, etc)
    -Not flexible on work schedules (typical m-f, 8:30 - 5:30 type job). Should allow to work from home or summer fridays like many other companies with similar environment

Continue with Monthly meetings regarding company updates (we just started this, but hoping it does not go away). Bring back happy hour Fridays (let us drink in the office!). Be more flexible about working from home.

Easily the most laid back and self-rewarding company I've worked at

Current Employee - Senior Inventory Manager  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Inventory Manager in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at blinkx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Blinkx is a company that is both fiscally stable and maintains a roster of the smartest people in the industry. It's the type of company where you are rewarded for your production/input. The pay, benefits, and company culture is amazing, and is almost too fun at times.

You have the potential to earn more than any other company I've seen, and those efforts are noticed...Brian knows my name personally and what I've contributed. He seems to go out of his way to make sure personally knows everyone possible open door policy at all times. If you come in with the right attitude, you'll be compensated far beyond what I've seen any other ad network or entertainment company

Also, NBA Jam Tournament Edition is an excellent thing to have in any office

Cons

Like any company that leaves your experience and compensation entirely in your hands, you have a mix of attitudes - war heroes, gossip/social butterfly types, disgruntled about expected earnings, sharks, "class clowns," etc (typical 8 types of employee mindsets).

If you're the type of person who isn't self-motivated and willing to make your position your personal business...it might not be the place for you. My role is one that basically makes me a business within a business, and I couldn't be happier about

A lot of the posts that are negative seem to be from people who came in expecting to get the A treatment regardless of their work, or felt micromanaged during their tenure.

Keep the company culture as is, and continue down the path we're on.

There are newer employer reviews for blinkx

Worked for blinkx? Contribute to the Community!