iRobot

www.irobot.com
  www.irobot.com
There are newer employer reviews for iRobot

Good, fun place to work

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bedford, MA (US)
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bedford, MA (US)

I worked at iRobot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of Interesting work, lots of robots running around, diverse problems to work on, ranging from embedded code and drivers to applications. The research group gets into some very interesting projects.. Fun company culture, and good work life balance. They genuinely care about the employees.

Cons

G&I division depends on government funding, which can sometimes be slow or problematic.

Diversify to more industry products.

68 Other Employee Reviews for iRobot (View Most Recent)

So much potential, it is invigorating but also frustrating when the magic isn't appreciated by C-level execs.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bedford, MA (US)

I have been working at iRobot full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The business of designing robots requires broad experience, and gives employees broad experience when working here. Employees can cultivate their understanding of mechanical, electrical, software, and manufacturing as applied to consumer and military robots. It is not a boring place to work.

Cons

Suprisingly, there are almost never any cool robots wandering the halls.

The magic of Roomba and Packbot is partially due to the accidental nature of the success. Many of the conference rooms are named with a "failed" robot. Let's regain the enthusiasm we had and build some more failures. At worst we will get some more conference room names, and it's a great way to stumble upon next big thing. Bonus is that employees will want to get out of bed in the morning to participate.

Where do I begin?

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bedford, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Bedford, MA (US)

I have been working at iRobot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Passionate people, true desire to "make a difference" and "change the world"

Cons

Micromanagement at all levels; no cohesive sense of purpose (every man/woman/child for themselves); lost ability to innovate (just look at the latest acquisition and press surrounding it); cronyism

Time to act on the poor employee survey results that are _consistently given_ an stop paying them lip service alone

There are newer employer reviews for iRobot