Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.1
3,165 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company stays true to their values; customer service really is their way of life (in 244 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 172 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 498 reviews)

• you will be working many long hours with not much opportunities to take time off (in 896 reviews)

More Highlights

128 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great training. Poor pay.

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Awesome training program. I'll forever be grateful for what I learned.

Cons

Crazy work hours for low pay.

A great alternative to joining the military

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Buena Park, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Buena Park, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very close and family like co worker environment . In time you learn how to do basically every job a 16 year old could do combined into one so it's excellent learning for somebody who has never had a job.

Cons

It's virtually impossible to have work life balance unless you consider hanging with co workers "life". You eventually get used to shunning all your friends out little by little and going to bed at 930 every night if you want decent nights rest to work your 10-11 hour days. The environment feels like a continuation of college, studying and passing tests for promotions that may or may not happen. There is a good chance your manager will be younger than you and will get a power trip telling you to go drive and pick up a customer every time the phone rings which if you work near a strip of auto centers like I did you could find yourself driving half your work days. If you're a young girl you may feel uncomfortable with some of the shady clientel you have to pick up all alone. Oh yeah the job is 100% sales. Sell damage protection or die. And get paid nothing extra if you do sell it well. Top reps get invited to a dinner at a local bar every two months with a buffet style appetizers that are seldom refilled and 2 beers maximum allowance . Everybody wears suits and tries flirting with management in hopes of a promotion so there 40K jobs can turn into 45K jobs . Maybe you should have thought harder about joining the military ? Ha

Get off your high horse with the power trips and your staff will react much smoother . We are all here under the condition we want to eventually manage and lead on our own as well, thus "trainee" in the title . If I hear the phone ring and I answer it I'll go pick the customer up. I don't need a shrill voice yelling at me on top of the suffering that the job already is .

All in all, a great company but a lot of hours with little pay

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Costa Mesa, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co workers and management

Cons

Low pay for amount of work

If you are looking to higher only college grad pay more based on other experiences as well.

Over worked, Under Paid

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Ventura, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Ventura, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

As a fresh college graduate, it was easy to get hired at enterprise. It felt like I was still in college working with all young people. Enterprise is like one big fraternity.

Cons

Working 55 hours a week and dealing with impossible customers can slowly steal your soul. I didn't get a collegbe degree to wash cars in a suit.

Good for recent grads

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Buena Park, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Buena Park, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Job security, benefits, great exposure to public, great place to sharpen teeth.

Cons

Long hours low pay for requiring a college degree. The main problem is not so much the pay but more over that you work 50-60 hours a week every week.

Staff rental locations to allow people better work life balance.

Training Program is solid, but your life will be miserable.

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Santa Ana, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Santa Ana, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good experience, you work very hard to move up

Cons

you sell your soul to get promoted. everything is a competition and you have no work-life balance.

Overall good.

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Stability, fun and friendly atmosphere, flexibility,

Cons

Limited promotion paths, low pay

Training is great, but not worth staying too long....

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Laguna Niguel, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Laguna Niguel, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can learn a lot about sales and logistics. Two years here is as good as a Master's Degree for many fortune 500 companies. If you can tolerate the abuse, you could make some money someday.

Cons

Work/Life balance are usually awful and there are a lot of people working there who aren't really good enough to promote and aren't worth firing (too expensive). Environment can be a bit cutthroat and the non performing employees are bounced around like a hot potato. I moved up quickly and excelled in the duties, but ultimately the cost of my time and stress wasn't worth the mediocre pay.

Fun work environment, but little work/life balance

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Fullerton, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Fullerton, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very fun place to work. You will make a lot of friends and learn the back and front end of how a business is run. You get to see reports that no other employer would show their employees. Very honest and ethical.

Cons

Sometimes 60 hour work weeks. The time off you get you're too exhausted to even do anything because the days are so hectic and demanding. Retail hours with retail like customers.

Remember, these are kids who probably still live with their parents who you are training. If you think they are valuable to your branch be flexible with days off and try not to overwork them or they will get burnt out on and leave.

Long hours in a heavy customer service company

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You can move fairly quickly up the corporate ladder if you are able to perform successfully in regards to sales and other corporate standards. There is no seniority that any employee has to overcome, there have been Area/District Managers who are in the mid to late 20s. You learn quickly how to sell the product and how to handle customer complaints. They do have a great benefits package offered to employees. You do learn how to culture and run a business. If you love sales, and don't mind working in the automotive industry, then working your way up may be appealing for you.

Cons

It's a pyramid scheme. They sell you a dream, that if you work these 11 to 12 hour days, you'll make a lot of money. The people you work with are generally great, but the heavy 11 hour customer service mess that you have to put up with is very overwhelming, and I have worked in customer service for nearly 7 years. And, having made it to a managerial level, the compensation is crap. To require that everyone who works there has a college degree but only pay their employees $10/hour (I am a manager, and that hourly rate was on my last pay review) is ridiculous.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Photos