Enterprise Rent-A-Car

3.0 2,470 reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

2,470 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "You work in a fast paced environment that teaches you how to enhance your customer service skills"
    in 204 reviews
  • "This is a business where you get to work with great people in a fun sales driven atmosphere"
    in 141 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around)"
    in 360 reviews
  • "There are very long hours especially if you are driven to be promoted quickly"
    in 725 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company, but takes time

Management Trainee Intern (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people in a great atmosphere. Big resume builder for interns. You will work under smart and competent people which makes your life easier.

ConsUnfortunately they only promote from within so you have to start from the body of the food chain. That being said, the promotion opportunities are based on a mix of talent, productivity, and (unfortunately) tenure.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimply put, college grads have great ideas and are undergoing a large amount of leadership training and (unfortunately but understandably) expect to be trusted in those leadership positions when their drive to succeed is at its highest.

I'm very comfortable in the work environment at Enterprise, from my co-workers to my manager.

Service Agent (Current Employee)
Woonsocket, RI (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

ProsIt's a job that develops your customer service skills as well as your overall efficiency working.

ConsKeeping up with the sometimes rapid flow of customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to get further ahead at the beginning of the week so that rentals and car cleaning don't get pushed back as the days go by.

Great Entry Level Job

Management Assistant (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsAlthough intense, Management Trainee Program teaches you a lot about running your own business . My managers were amazing, your experience is all dependent on your team.

Cons48 hour work weeks are common. Good for money, not for personal and social time. Outside a lot. Not a great position if you are not a people pleaser.

Good company to put on your resume.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

ProsOffers great training of the service the company provides to the industry. Promotes from within only. Molds employees to be hardworking.

ConsLong hours including weekends and holidays. Low starting pay. Promotions are only offered to those who met sales goal but not with any kind of management experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you guys promotes employees that are good at sales and not good at managing people you are going to run a bad business.

Great company to begin your career with and great company to work for as long as you are relocatable you will do well.

Account Executive - Car Sales (Former Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

ProsEnterprise provides great experience and looks very good on a resume. It is a great place to start your career or to give you experience you need in the business world.

ConsMove up or move on mentality. Low wages and long hours. Washing care in a suit and tie not a lot of fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great training programs!

Branch Manager driving the core areas of the organization

Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee)
Santa Rosa, CA (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFun and Friendly place, co-workers are like family, fast passed environment, change each day

ConsHours can be daunting at times, more and more reporting required

Customer Oriented

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for less than a year

ProsMoney is good for college grad

ConsGreat Benefits and Excellent starting pay

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees needs more one on one training

Hard-work and exhausting

Senior Customer Assistance Representative (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFast-paced, friendly, interesting customers, experience the entire rental operation

ConsCompetitive, temperamental, nonnegotiable, no stability

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter understanding of the workers and show interest in the whole operation

Great Place To Kick Off Your Career

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than a year

ProsEveryone is a recent college graduate so your coworkers are fun to be around and intelligent. Enterprise offers a great learning experience. You learn how to run a small business. Being successful at Enterprise looks great on your resume, and shows that you have good sales experience.

ConsCustomers can be degrading, and the company is so focused on a high customer service rating that they sometimes sacrifice the employee in the process.

You will move to several different branches per year. It's great because you'll meet more employees, but bad because of traffic in LA.

I have enjoyed Enterprise Rent-A-Car very well.

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe money is consistent, benefits are great, you get to work with interesting people. I like being on the go, inside, outside, running errands. They keep you busy.

ConsThere isn't much work-life balance. The social dynamics of the company can be weird at times. It seems that people from work only have friends from work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it is wonderful that management is always growing and challenging itself. However, I think that there should be more focus on leadership and organization at the branch level.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!

Enterprise Rent-A-Car Videos

Enterprise Rent-A-Car – Why Work for Us?

This is where it all starts. When you join us at Enterprise Rent-A-Car, you'll be part of an industry leader with a rich history. The Enterprise Rent-A-Car brand is owned by St. Louis based Enterprise Holdings, a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Enterprise Rent-A-Car reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Enterprise Rent-A-Car CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson. All 2,470 reviews are posted anonymously by Enterprise Rent-A-Car employees.