Enterprise Rent-A-Car Reviews

3.2
2,862 Reviews

Enterprise Rent-A-Car President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson

Pros
  • Company values hands-on sales people who are wiling to provide exceptional customer service (in 224 reviews)

• met a lot of great people who I are my friends that I met at enterprise (in 159 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance ( 7 am - 6 pm everyday without any ability to work around) (in 416 reviews)

• If you were to work full time its long hours (730-6) but you never get out at 6 (in 809 reviews)

More Highlights

Although the pay is not great, the ability to learn how to run your own business is great.

Former Employee - Regional Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Regional Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Training, Family Atmosphere, Team Work, and rewarding (if you work hard), also they provide really good benefits and 401k

Cons

LONG HOURS!! There are some politics that go on behind closed doors with upper lever management.
    Training does exist, but you typically have to go ask for it.

Don't lose touch with what made the company such a success to begin with, and don't allow upper level management to play so much politics.

Take care of customers, Reward hard work.......and let the profits and growth follow.

You know what you're getting yourself into and get out of it what you put in.

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

I've never felt more like I've earned my pay check, the pay for performance at the branch manager level is very fair. It's really best for people coming out of college, sticking out a year or more of making lower MT/MA pay, then without kids so you can work the long Assistant hours, and when you make branch manager, you can almost relax, just don't buy a house. Its great to see the promotional opportunities constantly being generated.

Cons

Lots of hours and until you make assistant, not a lot of control, you're at the whom of your manager. At times, unethical behavior is rewarded, seldom does it stick around for long, but when it beats you out, its disappointing. I think the current promotional track is working too quickly, so that MTs are rapidly becoming MAs and finding that they can't compete for the positions they want. Slow it back down!

Let managers have more control of their cost and expense mix. I'm happy to drive up personnel to ensure better staffing and capability for greater growth and better esqi. Too bad that from the top down this is discouraged. Run tight on people and cars!

Fantastic company with a hard working atmosphere

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for more than a year

Pros

It has great upward growth and a fantastic plan to get you there. You are surrounded by people who have the drive to get there as well.

Cons

Upward growth is there, but your tenure needs to be there as well. Unfortunately sometimes it doesn't come down to how hard you work, but more how long have you worked hard. interesting way to look at it but frustrating.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enterprise is a grind, but they teach work hard, how to run your own business and how to take care of customers.

Former Employee - Area Rental Manager
    Former Employee - Area Rental Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The camaraderie is great between employees, the money gets better every year and its not a mentally challenging job.

Cons

long hours, work life balance if tough

great.

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

there is an opportunity great mobility

Cons

work hours can be very long.

Haven't been working here long but it's very easy going as long as you do your job and don't slack off.

Current Employee - PT Service Agent  in  Las Vegas, NV (US)
    Current Employee - PT Service Agent in Las Vegas, NV (US)

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for less than a year

Pros

If you want a simple job this is the job for you because cleaning cars is not hard at all. All I do is clean cars which includes washing and vacuuming it, stuff that you shouldn't have to sweat for.

Cons

Only cons would be working outside in the heat but you get used to it.

Assistant Branch Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Rental Manager

I worked at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing learning experience. I have had much success obtaining other sales jobs because of my ERAC training.

Cons

Be prepared for long hours

Great company to work for if your are competitive

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car full-time

Pros

Real opportunity to move up if you perform and persist

Cons

Long hours. Standing all day.

Keep on rewarding performance.

Part Time Service Agent

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you can stand to clean cars all day its not a bad part-time job. Had a great schedule, plus a nice discount on renting cars. Your not detailing cars so its not as bad as it sounds.

Cons

Its the type of work that gets old after a while. Sometimes a nagging co-worker in the garage can be difficult to handle as you will spend a lot of time working with one or two other people in a small area.

Management was always good to me. They were respectable, and friendly always. Only advice would be to pay a little more to keep quality workers.

Long Hours... No Break..

I have been working at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Pros

Great opportunity to learn how to manage a company.

Cons

Too many hoops you have jump through to get ahead.

Worked for Enterprise Rent-A-Car? Contribute to the Community!