Epsilon Reviews

Updated 23 October 2014
3.2

Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Great work life balance depending on the phase of the project and your role in it (in 18 reviews)

• Your allowed to work from home when you are sick (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible (in 27 reviews)

• Some of the office politics can get to you if you're not in upper management but I feel all companies have this to some degree (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Epsilon is a great company to work for!

Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Creative, friendly, dedicated, lots of energy, flexible and collaborative work environment. Learned a lot on an intense 2 month system build.

Cons

You really have to put in the time and effort long term in order to be recognized, would think that if the performance and dedication is there, the rewards would come quicker.

Keep the communication open at all levels, love the current direction.

Sr Database Developer

Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Database Developer in Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

excellent work life balance
    company is very stable and is making progress and becoming leader in database marketing

Cons

dosent seem to use new technology
    need to make more effort to retain talent
    salary raise and bonus is very poor

need to train present employees to new technology

Satisfied

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Epsilon is a good place to work

Cons

Not a lot of process to tremendous pressure to get things done

Hard to Work when your managing Politics and doing online training

Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Data Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People, benefits, flexibility, access to clients, lunch once a month and nice pens. Good internal pr for employees and charitable opportunities to give back.

Cons

Too much time wasted on politics and covering people off internally as opposed to working with clients on solutions. i think the company needs to evaluate the happiness factor. Some days its like a library there with no energy.

Stop hiding and filling out forms. Start engaging and having real conversations. Email is not a substitute for a conversation. People still like to engage with each other. Try it, its good.

High growth, stable company with incredible people!

Current Employee - Manager in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company is in high growth mode both organically and through acquisition which creates many internal opportunities. The people are among the most collaborative and conscientious I have ever worked with. Onsite gyms and cafés in most locations. Investing heavily in hiring and training new college grads. Compensation and benefits are very competitive, plus there is an excellent 401k matching, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan.

Cons

Due to the fast growth and number of acquisitions, the company is not as cohesive as it could be. Some facilities and internal technology needs upgrading.

Would like to see more of the large company profits shared with employees.

A great place to work with talented and dedicated co-workers.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A strong company with a broad range of solutions. Good company values and leadership in most cases (with typical isolated exceptions found in most large companies). By and large, this is one of the best organizations I have worked with. Lots of personal growth and training potential.

Cons

Growth and promotion is often difficult to obtain and can be very political in certain groups. Ask about this specifically when interviewing.

Managers need to value dissenting views from experienced employees when a chosen direction may not be to the benefit of the company and/or its clients. This is not an issue with all groups, but should be stressed across the board. Lend an ear to those who seem to cry wolf - they may be onto something.

Great company to work for to gain experience

Current Employee - Technical Account Coordinator in Southfield, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Technical Account Coordinator in Southfield, MI (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lot of learning opportunities. Management works with you not against you. Very team-oriented. Reasonable work/life balance.

Cons

Salary is not competitive enough for position.

Great Place to work!

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fast growth company with great benefits.

Cons

A little slow to adapt but good for a big company

Upper level Client Service Teams mismanage their accounts and personnel while lacking true leadership skills.

Former Employee - Client Account Executive in West Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Client Account Executive in West Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Epsilon full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Overall, Epsilon (I worked in their West Chicago office, formerly Aspen Marketing Services) is a decent company, with many good, hard-working people. However, the overall experience of any employee will always be directly tied to the team they are on, and specifically, the quality of that team's leadership.

Comfortable work environment, pleasant atmosphere, free lunch every Friday, with the occasional internal perk (on-site flu shots, holiday themed mini-parties, etc.).

Good amount of vacation/sick/personal time, ability to work from home based upon the team/account and your role.

Cons

The leaders of my former account lacked management skills and were only "leaders" by title, as they had no true leadership qualities. They were consummate B.S. artists, and had gained their position on the account by being with the company for 9+ years, while also becoming sacred cows, beyond all reproach or challenge. The team had 3 people request to leave the account (including myself) in less than 1 year, quitting due to the poor team leadership, not because of Epsilon overall. In addition, the client demanded that my initial manager be removed from the account (which she was), yet upper management ignored these red flags and kept the account management team in place. Shortly after I left Epsilon, they lost this client account.

Lazy personnel decisions - instead of hiring someone to replace the lost skill sets when someone left the team, they drop the vacated responsibilities onto other team members, completely altering or eliminating the job the remaining team members were hired to perform.

Structured or formal training does not exist in any format - all you get are rambling brain-dumps - better take good notes, and fast! Don't ask for confirmation of your notes either, as feedback is a long time coming, if you get any at all.

Medical/Health benefits are comprehensive, but a bit more expensive than my previous experience, and more expensive than I would have expected them to be based upon a company the size of Epsilon.

Contact your clients directly on a regular basis and pay attention to their input and feedback, instead of just listening to what your client account team leadership is telling you. Maybe sacrafice a few sacred cows, replacing them with employees that have actual leadership and management skills.

Atmosphere

Current Employee - Sales in West Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in West Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is decent and they cater lunch every Friday so you won't have to leave to take real lunch break. Your allowed to work from home when you are sick. Smoking is a popular recreational activity they even promote it to pregnant woman by providing ashtrays in the expecting mothers parking spaces.

Cons

Don't believe the work life balance they tell you about. It doesn't exist neither does a 40hr. work week, but a 60hr. work week does! You don't have backups for any project you are working on. I often wonder what clients think when they visit and see a group of smokers hanging out in the parking lot. This job isn't for the less physically fit because the stress level is so high it will take a toll on your health. Very noisy atmosphere. People don't shut doors when having meetings or on a conference call.

I have seen a fair amount of unprofessional managers. I heard them talk about employees to other employees. I have even heard them use the F word in meetings. I wonder how some of them got their position because they really don't know what they are talking about. How can you or a client trust someone who talks in circles, says the same thing over and over just rephrases it and uses a lot of jargon? That's a red flag right there although I find their effort amusing.