Epsilon Reviews

Updated 26 April 2015
350 reviews filtered by
Epsilon President and CEO Bryan Kennedy
Bryan Kennedy

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is said to be important but I think that depends on your supervisor (in 19 reviews)

• Your allowed to work from home when you are sick (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Workload to staff ratio lacks balance, making work/life balance nearly impossible (in 28 reviews)

• The HR team would ask managers to not blame on upper management but tell the employees they got what deserved which is not true (in 14 reviews)

1. Sr.Interactive Developer

I worked at Epsilon

Pros

Leaders in digital marketing, the products offer new exposure.

Cons

They have a product model across teams & clients and development is restricted within that.

2. Great People, Under Paid

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work in terms of meeting new people. People are friendly, smart, driven, and fun! The company does a great job of offering work life balance.

Cons

The company does not pay well. They pay under market value. They are also located on the way outskirts of Boston which make it not an ideal location for those just graduating from college.

Advice to Management

Restructure your business model. Clients should not pay for employees. The company should pay for as many employees as needed for a project to be done efficiently and right. Too much pressure is put on teams to rush projects because of the lack of support. OR PAY MORE!

3. Very good quality of life, but hard to grow

I have been working at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Flexible hours and family oriented culture are available to most associates depending on the role making Epsilon a very good place for those seeking to put their families first.

Cons

Difficult to grow within the company, to gain new skills or new opportunities, significant raises or promotions.

Advice to Management

Management tends to recognize long hours, my guess is because they are easy to measure, over efficiency, which is at odds to the best thing Epsilon has going for it, work life balance.

5. Business System Analyst

Current Employee - BSA in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - BSA in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* you can get hands on experience
    * much more technical than a BA job
    * some teams have really happy employees with low turnover
    * HR

Cons

* uncertainty dependent on the team you get put on -- my team has bad work/life balance and terrible employee morale
    * promotions could be based on luck and timing

Advice to Management

Have more structured process where possible, to know when to push back to client, so employees don't have to meet unreasonable deadlines.

6. Director

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

Business model generates lots of projects

Cons

FTE resource demand is always higher than availability. Thus, long hours!

SR BSA/QA

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Worked with Big Data Projects utilizing ETL testing methods, along with Microsoft Test Manager.

Cons

Too many overlapping positions caused loss of positions.

8. Lacks stability in organization, people, processes, everything...

I worked at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Good benefits, the ability to work from home when you need to, matching 401K

Cons

It seems good at the start but once you are in the door, it is generally an uncomfortable environment. Management and organizations change frequently so just when you build a relationship with your manager and team, it's musical chairs. Upper management does not give teams enough time for true results. Unfortunately they have the steering wheel. Too chaotic because the answer to everything is "just change again", be it people, process, tools, whatever. In the short time I was there (3 years) I have had at least 4 managers and moved about way too much. Process changed as many times. One is never sure if you are doing the right thing or a good job. Some say you do and some say you don't. It's all up to your manager to hand pick the feedback and base you on what they want. Morale was low most of the time I was there. Probably my first 6 months was good.

Advice to Management

Recognize success, value your dedicated staff, incorporate feedback, learn from mistakes and allow for more adaptation.

Poor leadership, no communication, no accountability, no company culture

I have been working at Epsilon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Epsilon provides great benefits like medical, stock options, 401K, and is flexible about working from home or moving offices depending on your life needs and goals. Most of the people are nice to work with, though sadly it seems not all are qualified for their jobs.

Cons

On-boarding at Epsilon is a joke. There essentially is no training and you just have to figure everything out for yourself. Training is also somewhat of a joke. I do hear the college program is different and better about that though. People who come to Epsilon from that program seem to be happier.

Epsilon really has no company culture, mission or values. This is magnified by the lack of communication and direction from the top. This is a huge company that you can hide in because there is very little accountability, which could be a good or bad thing for you. But if you're good at your job, it is very frustrating and means working with people who don't really get it and can't help or teach you new things.

Ironically, the Epsilon marketing team itself is a joke. It's underfunded without any KPIs or clear objectives. They don't use Epsilon products and services to market. For such a huge company with top name clients, there is also an embarrassingly low brand recognition for Epsilon.

Generally, leadership, communication, and accountability are poor. Epsilon really needs a COO, but I don't think the leadership of the company actually cares about how it operates or its many inefficiencies and wasted time and resources. Meeting revenue goals and growing EBITDA seem to be all that matters. And when revenue is missed, the strategy is to buy it by acquiring another company.

Pay is also lower than industry standard and unless you're really high up in the company, there is no upside or bonus structure. I also know of a few people who were let go at very strategic times so that the company didn't have to pay them bonuses.

I know nowhere is perfect, but this place is pretty bad and I have colleagues from all different teams in the company who feel that way.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Create more of a company culture. Invest in building your brand. Create more effective processes and structures and actually care about how the company operates based on anything but cost. Provide more opportunities for career growth.

10. Overall great Company Culture, but it depends on your direct manager

I have been working at Epsilon

Pros

Great Benefits, good work-life balance

Cons

A lot of "un-knowledgeable" people, who lack the appropriate experience for their job

Office Politcs

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Epsilon full-time

Pros

Work life balance. 401 Matching.

Cons

Management lack of vision. If you are good with higher management, you will get promotion. No need to be smarter. No place for smart idea vision. A lot office politics.

Advice to Management

Please retain smarter people.