Equifax Reviews

Updated 15 October 2014
2.9

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • limited scope of career progression, unattentive senior management (in 14 reviews)

• lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Unfortunate.

Former Employee - Unemployment Insurance Consultant
    Former Employee - Unemployment Insurance Consultant

I worked at Equifax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Corporate office workers reap all the benefits. Those who work there have the firsthand opportunity of taking of advantage of the in-house activities and benefits not available to those working in satellite offices. Great starting vacation (PTO) offered, flex time available.

Cons

Poor management, disconnect between satellite offices and corporate office.

Re-evaluate your assistant managers. The initial training given is not enough and should be built on after 6 months, 1 year, etc. The required continuous training is insufficient for those who are overworked with no time to set aside for this. Work with the consultants....

Know What You're Getting In To

Former Employee - Unemployment Insurance Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Unemployment Insurance Consultant in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good work life balance and short hours

Cons

Manager forgot to approve hours several times, weather days were not allowed nor were sick days even if PTO was taken.

I have benefited from a culture of intelligent execution and meritocracy, working with very intelligent people.

I have been working at Equifax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I get rewarded for delivering on promises and executing projects. Rather than getting blamed for taking risks, I am encouraged to take more. I am surrounded by intelligent people and am encouraged to lead them.

Cons

We do a horrible job of demand management and so we always have more work than we can finish. At times the matrix organization makes it difficult to get things done without significant coordination.

Continue to grow leadership and stop outsourcing so much middle career work to contractors and offshore.

Little opportunity for advancement.

I have been working at Equifax

Pros

Some of the most collaborative folks I've worked with.

Cons

Seriously lacking in innovation and opportunities for advancement. So when a great employee maxes out in current role, they leave for more stimulation.

good

I worked at Equifax

Pros

freindly management and employees, new technologies

Cons

limited scope of career progression, unattentive senior management

Growth focused company

Current Employee - Vice President Technology in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President Technology in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people. Strong culture centered around growth and new product innovation. New culture has GE influence brought in from Rick Smith.

Cons

Older technology and legacy systems need upgrading and not a lot of focus on core infrastructure

More focus on innovations that directly benefit clients and profits will take care of themselves.

Frustrated

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Equifax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have a job at the moment.

Cons

After years with this company they have managed to decrease pay, increase insurance and demote salary pay to hourly pay. We now have to punch a time clock that is micro-managed to the fullest extent. We are not able to move with out being spied upon from a dictating manager whom i am not sure how remains to keep the position. They say they are flexible with schedules and have gave you the tools to allow this however over the last year the flexibility has been removed little by little. It has been extremely frustrating to begin a career with this company to love and respect it and years later feel used and abused. This has turned into a typical corp. enviornement where you are just a number and the go green means make the employees hate it enough to leave so they can down size through attrition. I have come to believe they can careless if you are happy with this company. It is a political nightmare. FYI most are looking for new employement and will leave in a heartbeat if givin the right opportunity to run.

I am not sure how or why you choose you leaders however I have found that some are less then qualified. You may want to start doing more inhouse survey's of your manager/directors and cleaning house once you view the survey's. Your decisions to go green and overhaul the salary to hourly structure has cause horibble issues with these employees. Talk about a slap in the face! That is an ultimate demotion. Maybe you should do the same for yourself and see how that works out for you! You should take a lesson on treat others as you would like to be treated you may be able to create a more friendly enviornment. The only reason i can see that you would treat your employees so awful would be to lower your cost through "attrition". If this was your goal i believe you are exceeding your goal.

Great place to work..allows you to utilize a lot of their tools to be successful

Former Employee - Customer Service in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Raleigh, NC (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work environment. Employee friendly, work hard and get noticed for promotions

Cons

Not a lot of jobs offered in certain areas.

Good job but not much advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Data Research Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Research Analyst

I have been working at Equifax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, decent benefits and good work/life balance.

Cons

There is not much room for advancement.

I had a very positive and fulfilling experience at Equfiax.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and aggressive compensation plan.

Cons

High management turnover rate.
    Indecisive senior leadership.