Equifax Reviews

Updated 24 August 2014

2.9

Equifax Chairman and CEO Rick Smith
Rick Smith

Pros
  • They offer flexibility in working conditions, and there is a good work-life balance (in 18 reviews)

• Supportive, Good Benefits with solid products and diversification (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management takes the credit for all the work of the folks the next level down (in 13 reviews)

• lack of transparency from upper management, hard work and talent does not get rewarded (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Use the name to get some place worth staying.

Current Employee - Sales  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Benefits ... but whoa! to the person who actually uses vacation time! No one is going to help your customers when you're out of the office.

Cons

I could give you the whole list but it would be useless. Read the other negative reviews. The people leaving positive reviews are more than likely in management or C-Level Exec's.

After 9 years in sales, I can honestly say the job was a dream when I first started. I cannot come close to saying that now. Over the years the systems have gone from old to antique. And, getting a product added to an account is like pulling your own finger nails out because they keep adding people and steps to the process which make no sense. If one person in Operations is on vacation and they have any responsibility for implementing a product, no set-ups will be complete until that person returns or someone finds a manager who knows what to do. We actually bust it out getting our numbers (which aren't given to us until April or May)only to be told in December the quota is being changed and you did not reach your goals ... NO COMPENSATION FOR YOU!

Oh, and that's another thing. You can bring in $500K in extra revenue YOY and still only be 75% of goal while the goof-off sitting next to you brings in $94K and is 110% of goal. Unrealistic quotas, no equity in compensations, and systemic problems with the processes makes this company a dud.

Sell your stock and run like rabbits. The competition you have taken for granted has updated systems and offer COMMISSION!

Poor

Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist  in  Fort Worth, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Fort Worth, TX (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get lots of overtime

Cons

The have unrealistic goals for you to meet for Any kind of bonus and change the things you need to obtain and do to finish an order They don't let you off for any personal or medical reasons.

Bcoming an Extremely Dis-jointed Operation in Ireland

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Pros

It used to be a terrific place to work, both over the last number of years it has become lost in its own lies and management, not knowing what it wants from its staff.

Cons

Outdated support software
    Outdated Mission statements
    Outdated and non relevant objectives
    Self indulgent management

Get clued up to whats going on and not rely on its management to provide truths

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Adequate company that may be too diverse with its products for its own good

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, relaxed company culture, friendly employees. There seemed to be room for growth, although management reorganization happened quite frequently.

Cons

Company is so large and has acquired so many different smaller companies that keeping up-to-date with its products is next to impossible. There isn't enough education between departments, so selling these other solutions to clients was confusing and made you look like you didn't know what you were talking about (because most of the time you didn't). If you did manage to sell something other than your main product, getting it implemented is a whole different set of issues.

Open lines of communication between departments so that cross-selling is easier.

Overall strong company

I have been working at Equifax full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Diversification allows for movement within the company. New assets and new perspective is allowing the company to move beyond being just a bureau.

Cons

Highly matrixed environment creates bureaucracy and over thinking.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I have been working at Equifax full-time

Pros

Profitable company with clear visibility into your salary and bonus potential

Cons

Company is conservative and slow to invest in new and innovative ideas

Good

I worked at Equifax

Pros

Good pay and benefits, good business model

Cons

Lacks leadership in some area

This is a Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Clerical  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Clerical in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a Great Place to Work

Cons

Need more opportunities for growth

Keep up good work!

Forget people - Drive the dollars

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Long time stable organization that is in the midst of a refocusing on new data driven solutions. Piles of data both regulated and unregulated for use in developing new services.

Cons

The focus on the bottom line has lead to the "job elimination" of legacy employees (15+ years of service) resulting in a drain on IP that cannot be replaced with younger less expensive associates. The focus on quarter to quarter bottom line has resulted in the changing, after the fact, of the incentive program refusing to pay top performers the $$ they earned under the program. The reasoning being "the program structure was paying out too much for the individual's account portfolio size." Bottom line - people worked their tails off to achieve exceptional results, regardless of their "portfolio size", to improve the EFX bottom line, only to be told that what they thought they earned was determined after the fact to be more than the architects of the plan felt was appropriate.

If you create an incentive program, stick to it. Don't change the deal after you see that it will cost you more than you budgeted - after all the only person benefitting from the increased revenue with lower payouts are the senior executives whose performance incentives are tied to overall revenue growth.

Be ready to feel used and always afraid of losing your job

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I worked at Equifax as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The remodel has made the work space much more pleasant, bright and useful. If you happen upon one of the few "good" bosses, you can learn a lot, and have opportunities to prove your abilities and advance.

Cons

If you get stuck with a bad boss, you will spend every single day wondering when you'll be let go. You will never be listened to, you will be accused and used as a scapegoat to the boss' superiors. You will never have an opportunity to advance, no matter how hard you work, and worst of all, you won't be able to move to a different department because your boss' approval is necessary.

This company no longer does direct hiring with rare exception. They use contractors like slaves (working just like an employee, but to a higher standard of performance, no benefits, no job security and considerably lower pay). Contractors are left out of important meetings, they are not recognized for individual or team achievements, they are left off of company-wide invitations to things as trivial as parking-lot cookouts and department contests and games On the rare occasion that lunch is catered for the *entire building,* contractors are not invited (and expressly told not to eat!!) even though these contractors may have worked with the company for a year or more, If there are leftovers, managers may tell the contractors to go forage for the scraps. This is not an exaggeration. This actually happened to me and several of my teammates in our department. (And let me further explain: we work beside and with employees, on the same work, all the time. We are indistinguishable from employees, except for the fact that we are paid from an agency.)

Equifax subscribes to the LEAN business concept, which means that they are constantly piling more work on fewer and fewer employees and contractors, then laying off or firing the unnecessary workers, then occasionally calling them back after a few months of drowning in work overflow.

In the last round of layoffs and firings in my old department, the least tenured employee laid off had been with Equifax for eight years. The rest had been with the company for at least 20 years and had moved to GA from NY when their jobs relocated years ago.

The work environment is super high stress because you're being monitored ALL of the time. Not only is your work and computer use understandably scrutinized, but the walls have ears; meaning that if you want to have a conversation that is not monitored and/or recorded, you have to go to a certain corner of the employee cafe. You'll know it when your boss takes you there to talk about something that might help you, but which she can't be caught saying.

This company has zero loyalty. They foster the very worst kind of corporate atmosphere. Truly, they are a machine where employees (even departmental directors) are unhappy and insecure in their jobs.

I don't think it's even worth my time to offer advice to management, partly because they are often under the same pressures as the employees, but also because, even if they care, they are essentially powerless to make changes. All directives trickle down from the upper, upper management and when a director has any latitude, it is tempered by LEAN demands, which stifle all creativity, process improvements (beyond firing/laying off), innovations, and significant changes.

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!