Ericsson-Worldwide

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.6 1,822 reviews

Ericsson-Worldwide CEO Hans Vestberg

Hans Vestberg

Pros
  • Development is team-centric and work-life balance is taken seriously by management(in 152 reviews)

• Work environment is very good and lot of onsite oppurtunities(in 130 reviews)

Cons
  • if you Job require you to work in Shift then work life balance is difficult(in 54 reviews)

• Poor initial planning leads to many changes in decision making and major inefficiencies(in 39 reviews)

1,822 Employee Reviews

Good company to work for prior to redundancy

Sales (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsEricsson can be very flexible, family oriented, with good benefits and understanding that personal time is required sometimes. Lots of training and development available especially technical engineering. Good teleworking opportunities.

ConsLots of politics. Ericsson tends to give senior jobs to Swedish staff, or staff who have worked in Sweden. Jobs offer go to people with internal contacts rather than ability.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out the dead wood during redundancies, not the people who are working hard. Internal contacts are not as important as customer relationships.

Good culture and many opportunities

Solutions Architect (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsGood people, never had issues with politics etc. Many opportunities to do different things.

ConsSalary is well below average

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want the best people you need to pay better.

Ericsson-Worldwide Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jul 13, 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your positive feedback about the people and culture. We also appreciate your recommendations on how we can improve. This information is valuable to our team ... More

Stable yet stressful project environment with a sense of uncertainty

Customer Project Manager (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsThe opportunities to grow and adapt, and work in many different projects and environments is abundant. People are always friendly and willing to help.
    Career development is a target for Ericsson and strongly encourage personal development.

ConsThe project environment requires too much administrative handling which can deter from being able to effectively and accurately manage without taking away from a good work/life balance. Morale is lower than it used to be but may be picking back up.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn orientation of the tools required to fulfil one's role should be provided and when a new role commences. Projects move too fast and the efforts to ensure quality and understanding of what is required, could be improved upon.

Ericsson-Worldwide Global Talent Acquisition responded to this review

Jul 01, 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We are giving our best to provide our employees with opportunities to grow and develop and it is good to see that you are noticing this. On the other side we are ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ericsson

Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee)

ProsI have greatly enjoyed my time at this company, and l left it with fond memories. My opinion below reflect my experiences while working with different Ericsson offices around the world.

Ericsson, as a global company fosters good knowledge sharing culture, and global employees are willing to share their experiences

There are opportunities to work in different places globally if so desired. Those who would like to experience another culture generally can find opportunities around

Ericsson is a reputable, innovator company, and also socially responsible with its special teams ready to help out in disaster areas globally.

I have always found great people willing to help in the company.

ConsEricsson local offices have good degree of autonomy, but it also means local office culture varies from one another.

As for all companies, changes happen all the time, and some will find it unsettling. The company consists of a number of market units, each covers a large geographical area (with many countries). In some local offices, there may not be sufficient business, while others have more due to different economies.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not wish to offer

Great company to work for

Customer Project Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGlobal exposure; Innovative company; Strong competitive in market

ConsRelative high workload(otherwise it would not survive till now); Normal income

Advice to Senior ManagementLess organization change.

Fantastic breadth of opportunity and real challenges to embrace future in the industry

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsEricsson has a global footprint and has many opportunities in leading edge telco business and technology transformation.

ConsThese are challenging times and I feel the company has a sluggish response to a changing industry

Advice to Senior ManagementClearer strategic direction and investment in achieving that direction

Encompassing and encapsulating

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsFreedom in making decisions and trust in getting the job done. Flexible with working from home. I was lucky to have a manager that I had faith in providing with the necessary guidance both professionally and personally.

ConsNot always keeping up with current technology due to constraints put on them by managed services. Generally have to use equipment provided by the managed services contract. Would have preferred some training in other technologies to help improve their business and my development.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more aggressive in touting for business and also in keeping current business.

Not a bad place to work, but you can do better.

ProsThere are some very smart people at Ericsson who have come up through the graduate program that are a pleasure to work with.

ConsThe company is more focused on internal politics and procedures than on customer outcomes.

An Experience Worth Taking

Principal CPM (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsEricsson is big on educating and training its employees with the latest Technology. Strong Comrade sense of family with Mid-Management Senior and Principal Staff.

ConsLine Management loses sight of the bigger picture and sees only what lies directly in front of its requirement not the programs.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your Principal and Senior CPM's -trust your experts

Disillusioned employee

Solution Architect (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsCan do nothing and still be employed.
    Supportive work mates

ConsYou must brown nose to everyone, because you get feedback from them and that is your performance, no opportunity to argue it with your Line Manager.
    No visibility of what upper Management do.
    Too many project managers.
    Jobs off-shoring
    No accountibility

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some balls

Worked for Ericsson-Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!