Eurofins Scientific

Updated May 09, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gilles G. Martin

Did not feel part of a team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe labs are nice & the food is free
    You are trained to get better at what you do

ConsAlthough colleagues were nice we do not see much each others
    The work is boring and you have few possibilities of promotion
    Aside the management do not take care of your requests

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should be closer to your people and understand their requests

Great company

ProsNew labs, nice work place

ConsHeavy work load and flex work time

No upward mobility, with low wages and poor management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice people work at Eurofins. Most of the people there are doing their job everyday and working hard to support their families.

ConsVery poor management. Low pay. No promotions. Overwork and underpay employees. Do not deal with personnel issues, so problems increase over time. Very rarely does Management discipline employees when rules are broken, even when it's an HR issues. Managers mistreat or talk down to employees regularly because they were never trained to be managers. Most of the mangers are a good scientists, but very poor at managing people. Some employees often break the rules and are not fired, which upsets the other employees. Employees are expected to work long hours and most departments are understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance needs great improvement. Pay people a more realistic salary. Resolve personnel issues instead of ignoring them to avoid additional problems in the future so you can do a better job of retaining your more highly motivated workers. Show people they are valued with promotions or even small raises. Follow HR protocols and discipline employees who do not follow the Employee Handbook.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice and everyday is challenging

Maintenance & IT Support Team (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsNice Atmosphere and nice place to work with.

ConsNot much downsides but no one should have more expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to grow still more around the world with the best output what customer needs .

Good Company if Learning and Growth is your priority

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsLearning opportunity, growth, travel, free food and free transport.

1. Company is growing constantly (both globally and in India) and there are exciting new product developments are in progress.

2. There are lot of new technologies introduced and constantly challenged at work

3. Good travel opportunities.

Cons- Facilities are not great.
    - Benefits are mediocre.
    - Some of the policies are not very clear, but thats very trivial.
    - HR team is too new.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more branding work to showcase Branding

It had its up and downs, great company but management needed help.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people to work with in the lab as well as in corporate.

ConsThe managers had no idea how to manage the people or how to help make sure you understood your work.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs more training on how to manage people and less on how to micromanage the department.

Fantastic experience, exceptional employees. This is truly an excellent place to work

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee)

ProsThe Company believed in me right from the beginning and within 18 months allowed me to implement suggestions to increase productivity and profits. They did, I did and we did!

ConsOur off-site managers for our site, being so very busy at their jobs too, used the basic trend that if you are good at your job/position and there are no problems, leave you alone to continue. It would mean so much more if every once in a while there was an Atta-boy/girl vs only contacting us when there is a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementI guess I would have to say, again, it would mean so much if every once in a while there was an Atta-boy/girl. Everyone likes to be reminded they are appreciated as an employee. It lifts their spirits, gives them a since they are also important to the Company. They will work harder to keep the Company successful. Thank you

Only componsation is good rest is bad.. Arogant people manage everything.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood Compensation and Free cabs
    Senior management is good specially IT head and HR.

ConsRegion based politics.
    Some immature junior resources given responsibility of managing team since manager was not so efficient specially agroscience. This brings down the overall team morale.
    Food is pathetic but it is free..
    Some senior people try to change the cab routes.
    Some managers feel that are very good in process even though they have very limited knowledge.
    People who shout more considered are people with good knowledge in agroscience.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people with experience to handle the team. Immatured people are making it a mess and making others unhappy about the company and team.

Ends unemployment because they employ anyone, but they are bullies and unproffesional

Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) Acton, London, England (UK)

ProsThey always have vacancies because so many staff leave, longest people stay is two years because they cant find other jobs, more recently people stay 6 months in the job and return to studies or just quit. I was however told it is the company policy to have staff leaving as it is part of the business plan. Therefore as I said there are always vacancies.

You can eat the food that isn't tested in the food lab during 1 hour dinner break, or you can take home the chocolates after work.

Can leave early if all the work is done, hours 2pm to 10pm

Staff they employ are nice people. And when I started felt close to staff there but as staff leave and new staff join the feelings change.

ConsSome practices were poor habits, such as the pippette skills or overflowing bins. You are rushed and told to work faster and faster with profits placed before quality. I found some of their practices difficult to accept as they were not how we were taught to work in school.

They employ women the majority of time because cheaper than men. Also almost all staff are foreign. Was told because women are faster than men and foreign workers suffer less stress.

The manager watches staff through window at his desk to make sure everyone working, they also put CCTV cameras up to watch staff.

The bins outside are full and piled against the wall because the company tries to save money with collections. Rats were once reported in the building but staff were told it was because they are untidy in the staff room.

If the work is finished early you leave early but if not complete you are forced to work up to 2am. On a 12 hour shift.

On one occasion the pipe broke and they were worried about contamination as contaminated water samples are poured down charcoal drains and but still survive in pipes.

The floor had not been cleaned since the site opened ten years early and needed cleaning to impress customer, although auditors do visit and never complained.

You are made to lift heavy boxes and water samples come in trays with 20 water bottles on a tray. When I complained it was tiring I was told if I could not do the job to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave anonymous staff complaints box so staff could vent their frustrations before they get angry and leave.

Pay staff similar pay and dont have staff starting the same day on different wages because of agencies.

I have worked at Eurofins for 3 years

Microbiologist (Former Employee) Otterbourne, England (UK)

ProsFriendly staff
    Learning new skills, continuous training

ConsThe pay! Oh the pay! Breadline you say? Actually worse. Unless you are absolutely desperate seek employment elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's simple: better pay means people are happier and stay for longer. Low pay means you have high turnover, you spend long time training new staff, low skilled workforce.

Worked for Eurofins Scientific? Contribute to the Community!