Everglades University

Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Kristi L. Mollis

quag·mire ˈkwagˌmīr noun 1. a soft boggy area of land that gives way underfoot

I have been working at Everglades University full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with great people who are passionate about what they do. (Definitely not upper management). Helping students begin towards dreams.

ConsAs the definition states above, a "quagmire"! Promises were made during initial interviews that simply just gave way underfoot. High turnover, poor work-life balance and upper management that is completely indifferent to the needs of their employees. Very high tuitions that increase annually, leaving graduating students with very high debt in the six figures. Military candidates recieve no military assistance that is substantial, and this is from a school that says that it is military friendly. No discounts for Military service which lead to Military student needing to exhaust benefits which results in the need for the use of loans to pay the extremely high tuition. Tuition is approximately $20K more than the average online Bachelor's degree. Just not a good scenario for students. Also no real growth potential as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart caring about your employees and offer them the training needed to grow within the organization.

RUN AWAY - They don't deserve any stars

Corporate Employee (Former Employee)
Boca Raton, FL (US)

I worked at Everglades University full-time for less than a year

ProsNone! they don't pay, they scream at you and they don't train.

Consyou name it it's a con!

Advice to Senior ManagementTAKE SOME OF THE CLASSES YOU OFFER AND GET A NEW CAREER - They do not train on anything. They will throw you to the wolves, and I didn't work in admissions. They scream at you in front of others all the time. They all think they are above others because they have degrees, however the degrees are from their own university. LAME! I had a higher degree than most of them and I was treated like garbage. They don't pay OT, they pay half time (illegal). You are required to attend events with students including an all day weekend graduation, however you are not paid to do so. Some positions (including mine) are required to work nights and weekends with out pay. They treat their students like walking credit cards, they need to pay ridiculous fees up front and if they don't pay, they will drop them out of school. Terrible people, I cannot believe they are still in business and the government hasn't come in and shut them down. Trust me, it's coming.

Is is possible to put 0 stars?

Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time

ProsThis job is only good to use as a resume builder, if you need the experience stick it out for as long as you can tolerate, then use this experience to get a professional job that value their employees. My cons will explain why...

Cons-Very poorly managed, Corporate is located within an actual Campus and they mainly operate on the word called pride. Being on campus, they torture their employees all day, and I mean they literally have offices in the mix of campus employees and actually work amoungst them as if they are wanted there.
-Corporate people treat and talk to you as if you are not human beings, no respect is given. They are not professionals at all!
-They need much help in their training dept. as they do not properly train you, but yet expect perfection and slam you when you make a mistake.
-There is a revolving door for certain positions, at some point they need to realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
-Many are secretly dying to get out of there but are stuck b/c they have began taking classes and will have to refund all of their tuition reimburstment (which is like ($80K) if they quit within a certain time frame. Do not attend school there!
-Make sure you get a job before quitting there and tell the prospective employer not to contact your current one due to conflict of intesrest. Reson being, they will not give you a good reference just b/c you are quitting them. Again, Did I mention how disrespectful, unprofessional & prideful their Corporate team is?

Advice to Senior Management-If there is a revolving door for certain positions, realize that the problem can't always be everyone else.
-Stop the unrealistic expectations- if you Provide excellent training then you will produce excellent workers!
-Stop talking to people like they are children, we are all adults here!

If I can find something nice to say, I'll say it, but don't count on it.

Admissions Counselor (Former Employee)

I worked at Everglades University full-time for less than a year

ProsThe money isn't bad, but other schools pay more. They have benefits, but my guess is that no one actually stays long enough to receive them, especially in admissions.

ConsAwful management. Really bad attitudes -- everyone is secretly looking for another job. And admissions is tough because no one really actually wants to pay over 70k to go to that crappy school. The marketing is awful and the sales team - that's admissions - takes the heat for it. This is undoubtedly the worst work atmosphere I've ever worked in.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet another job. I'm shocked you haven't been fired, because every job position there is a revolving door. It's not because no one can "handle" the job -- it's because no one wants to deal with how you treat them.

Worked for Everglades University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Everglades University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Everglades University CEO Kristi L. Mollis. All reviews posted anonymously by Everglades University employees.