Everglades University

Updated 6 October 2014
Updated 6 October 2014
2.4

Kristi L. Mollis

EU has innovative programs and caring staff and faculty.

Current Employee - Academics in Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Academics in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I was in a job that was unfulfilling and I got a call from EU and was asked to help create a program in healthcare. Since that day my life has truly blossomed. I am blessed with a fulfilling and rewarding profession that has turned into a "calling" of sorts. Those very few folks who speak negatively about this school and its programs were probably only looking for a job and a paycheck. If they would have truly taken the time to know this school they would have discovered the following:

EU offers innovative programs that are new to education. The research has shown that these programs are in emerging fields of study that have high employment and earning potential and that help to make this world a better place!
    EU has graduated students who have successful careers in fields that they have dreamt about their whole lives.
    EU has a higher than average graduation rate and employment rate.
    EU is highly regarded in the academic world.
    EU faculty have academic, experiential, and soft skill preparation that rivals any similar school of its kind. EU’s faculty have longevity with the University and are among the happiest employees for over a decade.

I have received more thank you messages from students, staff, and faculty than any one person should be afforded! The reason is that EU changes lives and helps people reach their potential. If you want to be a part of this successful University and help offer the world an alternative to the same old, same old programs, come and see us. If you are a negative person looking for an easy job with no personal investment or commitment to our students, you need not apply.

Cons

The challenge of working at this University is that you have to care about more than yourself. You must care about the students, the staff you work with, and the environment. We need folks that want to help make the world a better place.

Please continue to study and add the programs that truly matter to our future. This means everything to those of us who want to be a part of something important, significant, and transformative… Great job EU, I’m proud to be here each and every day of the more than 10 years if have been associated with you!

Everglades University has a phenomenal team!

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Some of the most dedicated faculty and staff I have ever had the pleasure to work with! Beautiful campuses and cutting edge programs with high graduate and placement rates. Competitive salaries and benefits and a very rewarding career. Holiday schedule follows traditional academic year. Great opportunity for advancement as the University is growing and opening more campuses!

Cons

Fast pace, strong student focus they do come first!

Love my job!

I have been with Everglades University going on Five Years and I have enjoyed the Teamwork!

Current Employee - Administrative Support in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Administrative Support in Altamonte Springs, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at Everglades University has many rewards, the best reward for me is making a difference in the lives of our students. I believe in Education, and the students who attend her have the best Instructors at their fingertips. The Staff always has an Open Door Policy. We work as a Team, this is what makes working here wonderful to me!

Cons

The only challenge of working here for me has been seeing our students Graduate and move on. We have touched their lives and they have touched ours, my heart breaks seeing them go....

I have no advice for the Upper Management, except thank for having me be apart of the EU Team!

Excellent people to work with

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

In my years at Everglades University, I have had the absolute pleasure of working with some of the most talented faculty and staff I could ever hope to meet. There is an overall atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration; everyone is always willing to spend time to give helpful advice or train you on a new skill.

Cons

There is a tendency to focus on immediate concerns rather than long-range planning.

great

Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Orlando, FL (US)
    Current Employee - Admission Counselor in Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (less than an year)

Pros

benefits good place to start

Cons

sales stress and hard to meet quotas

need more leads

I love working at EU! Great people, great faculty and great students.

Current Employee - Manager in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I have been working at Everglades University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Univeristy cares about it's students. I have seen that first hand and the student satisfaction rate is very high! The University is beautiful and the team is great.

Cons

You have to work and if you don't truly care about the students and a high level of customer service you won't last.

Keep doing what you are doing! It's working!

Worst job I've ever had

Former Employee - Administrative in Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I worked at Everglades University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay of you're allowed to work overtime... Don't make them mad or they'll take it away from you...

Cons

Management is horrific and blatantly unprofessional. Ridiculously high turnover (not just sales either but like deans, Vice Presidents, department chairs... Just walking out). I've worked at gas stations with more professional and smarter managers. You don't need to be a hard worker to succeed here. You need to have your spine removed, care nothing for the students and the fact that you're giving them almost 100k worth of debt, be completely devoid of your own personality, not ever want to see your family again and enjoy bending over backwards for people that don't appreciate it. If that's you then you'll do just fine here.

Retire and stop working and interacting with human beings in general.

RUN!!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Everglades University

Pros

Decent pay. It's a job. Experience only. If you are looking to build your resume deal with it as long as you can.

Cons

Horrible unprofessional rude disrespectful management. Seeta needs personal and professional help. Most evil unprofessional person I've encountered. This place cares NOTHING about employees. If you have morals and don't tolerate disrespect this is not the place for you.

Replace them all.

horrible

Former Employee - Campus Admissions in Boca Raton, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Campus Admissions in Boca Raton, FL (US)

I worked at Everglades University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

to have your own office

Cons

managment changes a lot nothing is consistent

fie the president

Sales

I worked at Everglades University

Pros

Good pay but long hours

Cons

Fire often never secure in your position

none