ExamWorks

Add Photos

ExamWorks CEO and Director James K. (Jim) Price

James K. (Jim) Price

It could be worse!

ProsThe people I have met (both in my office and other offices) have been great. Our clients are wonderful to work with and when there is a problem, both sides are willing to admit that they made a mistake.

ConsThere is some discord between upper management and the rest of the staff. Being a step between the two gives a unique perspective that most don't see. While there are problems with how situations and personnel are handled, everyone is doing their best (we are all human!).

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to put more faith into the teams and the managers of those teams to do what is right. They all have quality employees but faith is hardly given and sorely deserved.

Extreme Corporate Culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsExcellent environment for learning how to function in a very high speed work place. The days fly by due to how busy you are. good benefits and training ground for working in an extremely corporate environment.

ConsPeople are pushed to work beyond their capacity to think straight. This is a numbers driven environment. Team work is verbally hyped, but not actually cultivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe product is the same across the board.. the doctors are all the same. The ONLY thing that can set you apart from competitors is customer service. Overworked and frustrated staff comes through in the quality of work and the voice on the phone. Keep this in mind when you are paying people wages that keep them in the poverty level while working them like mules.

Management attitude-I DONT CARE

ProsIt's a job with no benefits

ConsLack of communication
    Reviews performed on the last day, and no hard copies to view-supervisor "doesn't believe in numbers", said I was doing a "GREAT" job, and most of numbers were 4s and high 3s-this is with no complaints
    no answer regarding raises, except maybe 2% at most for those even receiving raises, but no time frame
    Concerns to local management are not addressed

Advice to Senior ManagementThe discussion of communication, or lack thereof, is like beating a dead horse-management seems concerned every time the topic is brought up, and yet, no improvement. Employees are important for one reason only! Numbers!-nothing else matters
    Jobs are scarce, so we are caught between a rock and a hard place

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really?

Editor (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsConsistant work, good outlook for future employees.

Consit seems management has been trained to treat their employees like children. Going to the bathroom is frowned on, and trying to make a doctors appointment is terms for a write up. Management makes mistakes on a daily basis , and then blames employees to cover there own mistakes. These people should not be allowed to walk the face of the earth. They are not human! Micro management is practiced consistently, and the employees go through hell every day. It blows me away that this company exists, and that they get away with the sad treatment of there employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some( How to be a human being lessons!) They would have much happier employees who would not feel such hatred towards there bosses.

Horrible Work Environment

ProsCo-workers are great
    Interesting work, keeps you busy

ConsManagement is horrible
    Company processes are sloppy
    They don't listen to ideas
    No one gets paid well

Feels like you're back in high school.... in a bad way

Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsIt's a job. That's about it.

ConsLots of long hours, especially during "end of month" pushes for revenue, very corporate structure. Very sterile office culture, breeds paranoia, rows of stalls of cubicles arms length across, back open to aisle. Mgt patrols during the day. High school vibe, with upper manager "pallies" (personal friends from high school) with many coworkers. Lots of gossip, backstabbing amongst the office. HR support non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the humanity back in human resourses. You're alienating good employees, and burning out people over nonsense. Rules seem to be made for rules sake, and meetings for meetings sake.

Operations

ProsGrowing company with a niche market, so job security is optimal so long as you're smart and responsible. Co-workers outside of upper mgmt are friendly and reasonable.

ConsMicro-managing, politics and "numbers" driven business code is very frustrating for staff. Staff is always blamed first for problems before investigating. VERY poor communication between mgmt and ops

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your teams and look at the big picture.

Good

Receptionist (Current Employee) Saint Louis Park, MN (US)

ProsGreat benefits. Offers a good work-life balance with Full Time work benefits. Good teamwork and reliable management support.

ConsHaving to deal with rush deadlines and last minute assignments
    Responding to complaints when an issue arises from another end of the business

Divisive environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood salary and benefits, high customer service..

ConsManagement does not treat staff members equally. Over a 6 yr period with the company, I witnessed certain employees receive accommodations for work schedule, time off, and even work space, where others were kept to a standard. Certain supervisors confide in some employees in an inappropriate way: revealing information regarding company or personnel that should be confidential. Company is numbers driven which sometimes leaves out the human factor.

worst place to work for

Medical Records (Former Employee) North Hills, CA (US)

Prosgood hour and over time is given.

Consthey play and toy people. they gossip and ruin peoples life. they are like leeches who suck on employees misery. very ghetto and unprofessional employees.

Worked for ExamWorks? Contribute to the Community!