Experian Reviews

Updated 26 October 2014
Updated 26 October 2014
2.9

Brian Cassin

Pros
  • in some departments there is better work/life balance in others not so much (in 23 reviews)

• Good benefits and vacation allotments (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management does not take interest in mentoring subordinates (in 22 reviews)

• Not enough work-life balance or work from home opportunities (they frown on it, it seems) (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Lost its way .................. again

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England (UK)

I worked at Experian full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Despite the organisational mess and charisma bereft leadership team in Credit Service, there are good people working there and doing the best they can.

Cons

No sense of value to the amount of effort needed to keep customers happy and cancelling contracts !! No customer loyalty programme and no numerical incentive for people to care about sales and salesforce. Technology is dated and model for Go To Market defunct in the post financial crisis business landscape. Revenue goals are ridiculously high.

Failure to find a Leadership Team with the vision and charisma to take the firm forward into the future. Lack of a positive culture leads to an erosion of confidence and decline in meaningful activity to drive the company forward. Ditch the grey accountants running the business and bring in some colour !!

Interesting sector of working

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good salary for Bulgaria. You can earn more when you take an on call shift.

Cons

There is no knowledge sharing so you should learn everything by the hard way. So it's a big challange.

They should start listen people what are they saying and appreciate them more.

A results oriented organisation

I worked at Experian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are good, health care, share save and pensions. It is a company that appreciates and rewards results. As with all corporates it is undergoing constant change and improvement.

Cons

A bit of an email and meetings for meetings sake culture.

Dont be petty concentrate on the things that really matter

Experian

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Allen, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Allen, TX (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Their facilities are awesome in Texas! Probably the best work environment to be in. I think at one point it was voted the best office in DFW. You're asked to work overtime a lot, but if you're not on salary who cares. The company places a lot of value in providing the best to its customers.

Cons

Personal growth is pretty amazing at times, but it's easy to get stuck in one place after the first promotion. Training is pretty extensive, but lacks in a lot of areas.

Reward your employees better. You told us how much we made one year and decided to cut our bonuses...

Working experience getting worse and worse

Current Employee - QA Engineer in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Current Employee - QA Engineer in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

20 Days Annual Leaves and 18 Days Sick Leaves..... that's it

Cons

Very intense political wars across different chain-of-commands domestically and even abroad.
    Used to have a lot of exceptional talents and facing extreme failure in sustaining them and their knowledge.
    No appreciation nor values shown to employees, simply an "easy come, easy go" high turnover rate.
    Obsessive in selling products and contracts to individual customers to boost sales revenue rather than doing proper product enhancement which tally to the general market clients' needs.
    Development workload getting heavier due to uncontrolled and mismanagement in both product and project side and often required to stay back.
    No clear directions for base product development due to failure to handle generalize market needs.
    AGILE disguise in Waterfall SDLC approach.
    Senior management fails to interpret challenges faced by subordinates and implementing jokes by "hiring more new managers to solve issues".
    No freedom in sharing views and feedback to products, processes and individuals.

Good employer

Former Employee - Data Management Manager
    Former Employee - Data Management Manager

I worked at Experian full-time

Pros

Great co-workers willing to share knowledge. This company treats employees like people. Organized charitable activities performed in local community.

Cons

Little room for professional growth. No work-life balance. Sometimes too focused on the here and now.

Wierd vibe and predatory work environment

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, company car to all customer-facing sellers

Cons

Predatory management practices. When I joined it was made clear to me that I was supposed to "clean house" There were good employees in place and I was not about to just fire them. When I decided to keep these employees my fate was sealed and I got the sack

Try developing new managers and employees rather than just take them in and fire them after 9 months. Provide an opportunity for improvement and mentorship. Work life balance was a joke here

Large multi layered organisation, easy to get lost in the crowd

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Experian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Training - this company was an excellent place for me to start my career, they had very good training platforms in place and most of the time the training was delivered to an excellent standard.
    Great social events, very good at pulling the employees together at the team level and company level.

Cons

My main issue with Experian is their insistence in promoting and employing the wrong type of person into team management positions, poor leaders with no idea how to inspire.

Take a look at your middle management teams, they are severely lacking in the skills required to inspire and retain good people.

Great brand but local management is mediocre at best

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Experian full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. Great Brand
    2. Globally, an employer of choice
    3. Matured process
    4. Aggressive
    5. Knack for excellent acquisitions

Cons

1. Local senior management spends too much time and energy politicking
    2. Average pedigree
    3. No local talent cultivation, no investment in local IP
    4. Global products retrofitted at exorbitant costs for India and forced upon
    5. Poor agility
    6. A sense of doom and gloom among employees
    7. In a job market, attrition would be very high

1. Hire top talent to lead Experian India
    2. Spend some time in understanding Indian uniqueness that compound the difficulty of doing business in India
    3. Do not force global products, leverage local talent and improve agility
    4. Make a couple of good acquisitions for momentum
    5. Make Experian India a great place to work

BI internal sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Experian full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Their were some managers/directors that would recognise what you could bring to the business and would mentor you and support you. Good company to have on your CV. Always got a job elsewhere in the business if you lasted 3+ mths in BI. Often would always lead to your CV being picked out for other sales roles if you have worked here.

Cons

aggressive environment, bullying due to lots of people felt threatened by new comers due to their own mis-management of roles, lots of promises at interview stage when they want yr skill sets, (when head hunted) but that never transpired.
    Management never happy when you are hitting high, hard to achieve targets=, always want more. blocked progression to keep you in a dept that did not want to lose you. Very institutionalised environment and telesales staff treated like children. Open favouritism.

stand by what you say you will deliver, better management skills and career progression. Don't turn blind eye to bad apples just because they 'seemingly' hit their target on paper, when they have no team skills

Experian Photos