Express Scripts

Updated 18 September 2014
2.1

Express Scripts Chairman & Chief Executive Officer George Paz
George Paz

Pros
  • Benefits are good and depending on your position you can work from home (in 43 reviews)

• Good benefits, instant vesting of company share of 401k match (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • This place has no concern for work/life balance although that's what they preach (in 76 reviews)

• There is absolutely no work/life balance because they think that your job should be your (in 25 reviews)

More Highlights

I love working for the company

Current Employee - Pca  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Pca in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love the fact that I have a direct outcome on helping each patient

Cons

need to be more patient and employee focused

need to be more patient and employee focused. Give us the opportunity to really service the patient during the first call...First call resolution..

Turning the Page

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for less than a year

Pros

The benefits are great and extensive. The salary ranges are very competitive and they are willing to negotiate with you to remain flexible within reasonable expectations.

The culture is innovative, forward-thinking, fast-paced (seriously...it is), and open-minded. All of my previous employers acted like they valued your opinion or suggestion to improve a process, but ESI really does take it into consideration all the way up the chain before a decision is made. You have a voice here, and that's really impressed me. A plus is that the whole entire campus is brand new (2007 and newer) and state-of-the-art.

Never a dull moment or shortage of work to do. On that note, outside people hear a lot about work-life imbalance at ESI, but I just don't see that. Every single person here pulls their own weight in the same direction working toward a common goal, and nobody gripes about it. You can see people genuinely care about their work, and it's shown objectively when just about everyone regularly hits 100% or more of their annual bonus plan. I don't know about you, but I'd rather HAVE work to do than sit at my desk all day and have nothing to do (been there before, it's miserable). A lot of the mixed reviews I see are from the frustration of the constant integrating and merging of newly acquired companies' employees and processes, which is understandable, but the focus is definitely changing to efficiency and making work/life easier. I believe if there is a work-life imbalance that it is silo'd into certain departments, but it's certainly not a company-wide issue.

Cons

Not really any glaring Cons, I just think people need to socialize a little more. Everyone works hard and has the go-go-go mentality, but it wouldn't hurt to loosen up and have a little fun here and there.

Keep the company, your departments, and your leaders in the loop as to what's coming down the chute, it helps build annual goals and keep them in check. Create opportunities for employees and the culture to loosen up and take their foot off the gas pedal every once in awhile.

Seems like an interesting company to work for...

I have been working at Express Scripts

Pros

PTO, tuition assistance, health insurance, health savings account (HSA), 401 K, etc.

Cons

Some training and some company values.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place to work

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - IT Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Express Scripts for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Management, work life balance

Cons

Not very Agile work place

Great fast pace work environment

Former Employee - Project Coordinator In Patient Systems Vertical  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator In Patient Systems Vertical in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Express Scripts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved fast paced environment ... you'll never look at your watch there. Great coworkers and work environment. Employee friendly work ethics.

Cons

Really don't have any complaints.

Keep up great work, I wish I didn't have to resign ( I moved).

Depends on the department your in

Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Express Scripts full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved the work that I did at express scripts. I did system testing for drugs. The work was challenging and very intetesting. Its a good way to get into healthcare because they have so many different departments and they actually train you to do the work.

Cons

I found that the team I was on didnt want to share the knowledge. I had a hard time getting my information. The communication was very bad. To many clicks. Team Members who have been there the longest think they run it. All departments are not like that, but many there are.

Management needs to manage the team and not let their favorites manage it. People are out for personal gain. Just because they have been there for a while does dont mean they are quslified to be managers. If thats the case they would be the Manager!!!!

Decent pay, limited growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Wage, travel, work atmosphere, making a difference in people's lives

Cons

Little chance to advance, poor work/home balance, outdated and poor computer systens and programs.

To advance, its not what you know, but whom you know. That is not the way to build a strong employee base.

Challenging Work

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There's an environment here that provides you a lot of opportunity to grow your role. There's also a lot of internal movement and sharing of talent.

Cons

There is a lot of work but I find it rewarding.

Connect with your employees personally and encourage them to take appropriate chances

Reimbursement specialist

Former Employee - Reimbursement Specialist  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Express Scripts full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Medical benefits and 401K only. Good location and most of the older employees that were hired under Healthbridge are good people

Cons

Overwork your employees. Don't want to pay employees what they are worth. No advancement unless you know someone. If you care about your employees you're pushed out the door.

Need to treat your employees like human beings. ESI is not the company it used to be has drastically changed for the worse since the merge with Medco. Only think about numbers and money. Patient care is not an priority anymore.

Absolutely no work/life balance

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Dublin, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dublin, OH (US)

I have been working at Express Scripts full-time for more than a year

Pros

People will always need medicine

Cons

To much turmoil! Schedule bids every 4-6 months, seat changes, moving from one floor to another & they expect us to do fantastic customer service while this is happening. It seems like if you are an ESI employee nothing, & I mean nothing outside of Esi exists!

Talk to us, we are your front line. Ask if the shift I have is working for me rather than making me participate in a bid & risk geting a shift that's going to force me to to work late or have to quit! As a single parent working til 9pm during the week is not an option. I love my job & leaving it is the last thing I want to but, like I said there is no work/life balance when you work for ESI.

Worked for Express Scripts? Contribute to the Community!